1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips 28pw9509 [volume indicator, EXT assignment]

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by kudos, Aug 6, 2004.

1. kudos

kudos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi , Recently purchased this set and reasonably happy except for two things I got used to with my 'much' older Sony set which don't seem possible on this modern set

1. OSD. If set to Minimum you don't see a volume indicator when you change volume. If set to Normal you do see the indicator BUT you are plagued with a program number that remains displayed constantly. I just want the volume indicator displayed when I change the volume

2. EXT. I'd like to assign a programme number to each of the EXT sources therefore meaning I can have single button presses to access them. Mainly so when the TV is switched on in the morning it automatically starts on the SKY channel :)

Philips say this ain't possible (but I have this response before on other Philips equipment (for different things) and then found solutions hidden in service menus and the like so any advise is greatly appreciated

2. torkelom

torkelom
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm looking for the same answer.

Here's how you enter the service meny..Snoop around..

press 062596 i

3. kudos

kudos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I couldn't find anything in the service mode so I fudged a workaround (of sorts)

1. To have the volume indicator but not the persistant programme name simply edit the programme name to be blank. I use SKY most the time so editing ext1 to blank is fine for me.

2. To get the one button press to get to SKY I made EXT1 the only programme in my favourite list

..like I said, its a fudge. I'm very surprised these basic features aren't on the set (and I didn't manage a method that would enable SKY to be the default TV Channel when tv is switched on) but hey.. I'll get over it. If anyone finds a better solution please let me know.