1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips 28pw8609 NTSC playback troubles

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Famoso, Feb 7, 2005.

1. Famoso

Famoso

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recently bought a Philips 28pw8609 television. Since I mainly use it to watch dvd's on, I want my picture quality to be as good as possible. Now when I watch NTSC dvd's on the TV, some kind of weird horizontal stripes appear. Ofcourse the DVDplayer is set to NTSC, so that shouldn't be a problem. I've tried different cables already, but nothing seems to help. I've also tried different DVDplayers, but still no difference. The same stripes occur when I set my PC's TV-OUT to NTSC. I have entered the service menu of the TV, and in the error menu shows "error 13". In the service manual this is explained as "NVM l2C communcation error".

Does anyone have an idea on how to fix this? Or should I just return it to the store (I'm still interested in what causes the stripes anyway) Thanks in advance.

Here's a picture

[​IMG]

2. fdxd

fdxd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does the tv support NTSC/60 hz?

Sounds like its not supported at all.

3. Famoso

Famoso

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It does, according to the manual + the philips website. I explicitly asked the salesman about it. And at first the stripes weren't even there.