1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips 28pw6515 Television

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by fred the ted, Jun 22, 2005.

1. fred the ted

fred the ted

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi I hope there is someone who can help me.
    I have a Philips 28pw6515 TV. I know it is now considered old but the picture is still excellent.
    However a problem has now occurred in that the remote intermittently is unable to control the TV. When pressing the buttons for A/V selection, channel change, teletext,volumn etc nothing happens. I noticed that the red sensor light on the TV does'nt flicker as per normal when remote is functioning correctly.
    I have changed the batteries which makes no difference.
    Anyone familiar with this TV will know there is a multi-button on the top of the TV for channel volumn change. This does not also work when the problem occurs.
    Switching the TV off and on and everything is back to normal, working as it should. However the problem is getting more frequent from once a week to several times a day.
    Is there a simple remedy or an expensive repair? I would be grateful if someone could advise. Many thanks.

2. gazglasgow

gazglasgow
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello There

This Philips TV uses the the A10 chassis and it is common for the microprocessor to fail causing this problem. The micrprocessor is located on the small signals board which can be removed and repaired externally. If you are interested it can be replaced for £79.90 inc vat and delivery. Get back to me if this interests you.

Garry