1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips 28PW6305 + Lock Up's ?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by MrBridger, Jun 17, 2002.

1. MrBridger

MrBridger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just got hold of a Philips 28PW6305 TV,
    pretty happy with it, works well and looks nice.

Only got one small problem with it, after about 5 - 10 mins (seems random), the remote just locks-up.
    Even the channel / volume controls on the actual TV stop working.

I know this TV has, child lock and parental control / timer, but i haven't played with them yet.. plus i've read the manual and even when child lock is active and the set controls are locked , the remote still works.

it's starting to do me head in, i was wondering if anyone else had come across a problem like this, or has any ideas.

i've emailled philips about it, but haven't got anything back yet.

any help would be great

cheers :)

2. MrBridger

MrBridger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sorry about that, but i really need some help with this.
    haven't heard anything back from philips yet either :(

cheers
    MrBridger

3. puc

puc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    don't hold your breath waiting for a reply from Philips. I sent a query to them a week ago, got an acknowledgement and then nothing. Phone customer service instead (number helpfully not listed in the owners manual but has been published in this forum)

4. tom-m

tom-m
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    MrBridger, I've checked the manual of my philips 6006, (which is the later model of the 6305), and it says, (get this;), 'hide your remote' after putting the child lock on, as although the tv is locked the remote isn't. So everything is normal there.

If the child lock is set to off, and your remote is not being used what happens then?
    The remote shouldn't lock up, ( if the batteries are farely new), so there's definately a problem there.:(

Sounds like the remote needs to be replaced, if I've read you right :(

Hope you get it sorted
    tom

5. MrBridger

MrBridger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yep, i've read that in my manual too.

tried playing about with it last night and it didn't do it all night (well for 1 hour).
    perhaps it's fixed itself? hmmmm.

i'll keep checking though.

cheers

6. mafw

mafw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Your problem sounds a little like the problem I had with a Philips 28DW9625 (IDTV). After a seemingly random amount of time some of the remote functions would lock up and sometimes the controls on the set would lock up too. The set was sent back but they could not find the fault. I eventually settled for a refund.

If you can get a refund or replacement then I suggest you do so. The fault on my set did get gradually worse with time. I did telephone Philips UK and they said it could be static build up since switching the set off and on again usually cleared the fault (temporarily).

7. MrBridger

MrBridger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think it may be solved.... (touch wood)

I was at a mates and the GF went home and unplugged the ps2 to bring it to me.

After that it seems to have sorted itself out, not done it since... even with the ps2 back in now.

I have come across a problem like this before on a little rgb to scart plug on a small portable, when it was plugged in the channels used to go up on there own, but a bit of wiggling usually sorted it out .

This is a compleltly different ps2 cable (blue Blaze one with gold connections), seems wierd though.

Anyway, I'm not complaining... as long as it doesn't come back i'm chuffed ;)

cheers for all the ideas / help
    Carlo

8. tom-m

tom-m
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nice to hear some good news (hope you thanked the GF properly though:) )

tom