1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips 28PW6006

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Decker, Jan 28, 2003.

1. Decker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Wonder if anyone could help me?

I purchased a Pioneer DV350S DVD (multiregion) a couple of months ago and I am using it with my Philips 28PW6006 widescreen TV which has two inputs, namely EXT1 for CVBS/RGB inputs and EXT2 for CVBS/S-VHS inputs.

I am, on the whole, happy with the player but I have two issues:

(i) I have my settings on my DVD as RGB video output for maximum quality - when I connect to the EXT1 input on my TV, the picture is poor and somewhat darker (for Region 1 and Region 2 DVD's) with random 'ghosting' -subsequently, I change to EXT2 input from the DVD and the picture is much clearer? As EXT1 is the RGB input, I assumed the picture would be perfect from Region 1 or Region 2?

(ii) On Region 1 DVD releases using EXT1 or EXT2 the picture can remain b/w for several minutes before colour eventually 'kicks in'? - I can see on the screen as if the TV is trying to register the colour as it momentarily flickers colour on random before the colour eventually appears permanently?

I am using very high quality IXOS scart cables.

Please, any assistance would be gratefully received.

2. gingerone

Dec 10, 2002
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    If you search this forum you will find a couple of threads about this set.
    I have it and there is a known problem with the picture being too dark. I have fiddled with it and have finally got a picture on the rgb that I am happy with by making sure that the CL setting in the service menu is set to 6.
    Then the brightness set to 54, colour set to 32, contrast set to 68 and sharpness set to 0.
    If you want access the service menu select 4:3 on your remote then 062596 and the (i+) key.
    Make sure that you do not press left ar right at first as pressing left or right changes settings and you can wipe everything.
    Make sure you write down all the settings in the service menu before you change anything just in case you botch it.
    Good luck.