1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

philips 28pw6006 smearing?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Lev, Mar 24, 2003.

1. Lev

Lev
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hey guys,

i've noticed that on a black background bright objects tend to smear (leave a trail) when they move.. for example in the sf series farscape when a spaceship flies by i see a faint trail behind it...
    another example: when bright white letters are displayed on a black background and they disappear i can still see them for half a sec or so...

is this normal for a philips 28pw6006 (50hz)?

the thing is.. i messed my service menu in the past but was able to correct everything (so i thought).. but now i got a strange feeling something is still messed..

hope you guys can clear this up for me :)

thnx in advance and regards,

Lev

2. rct

rct

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    What you are seeing isn't a fault with your TV as such. The effect is caused by the phosphors in the tube continuing to glow for a short period of time once the electron beam has been removed. Nearly all TVs will suffer from the effect to some degree. As phosphor manufacture cannot be controlled as tightly as some other things, ocassionally you may end up with a TV that has a coating with longer than average persistance. The problem should reduce if you turn down the contrast (default is much too high anyway).

The best thing to do is to compare with another TV of the same model to see if yours is much worse.

;)