1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips 28/PW6515

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by iperry, Dec 3, 2001.

1. iperry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Hoping somebody out there can help. Last week I purchased a Philips 28 inch widescreen TV (28PW6515), I have a sky digi box running via scart to the second scart socket and a DVD player to scart one utilising RGB. The problem I have regards images with white in them, for example, on the Region 1 Fight Club disc is a THX test facility. I ran the visual side of it and when the white square is displayed, the image seems to warp at the edges, almost bending.

The same goes for the channel overlay box that appears at the bottom of the screen on sky to show what's on now and next. The image white at the top and bottom of the box "bends", in 4:3 mode it is possible to see that the areas where white is prominent causes the edge of the screen to push out.

I also noticed the same problem in TV and DVDs where there may be a bright sky with say a lampost in the foreground, where the lampost breaches the skyline, the lampost appears slightly kinked and wavey. This appears in both 4:3 mode and 16:9. My old Philips 21inch 4:3 TV never had this problem. Has anyone else encountered this, especially on this TV? Or do I need to get speak to the retailer I purchased it from?

Many thanks for any assistance.

2. John Jennings

John Jennings

Aug 7, 2001
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Uppsala, Sweden
    This is a very common problem with the Philips PW6515 I'm afraid. Bad screen curvature has always been a problem on this model and Philips have never done anything about it...

There are quite a few threads on this board about it if you search..

Sorry :(