1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips 28" 9616 - Help with ext speakers

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by jeffspiers, Feb 4, 2002.

1. jeffspiers

jeffspiers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, can anyone help me work out these external speakers that you get with the Philips 9616 Televisions.
    I,ve got them switched on but cant get any sound from them.
    Are they supposed to work all the time or only on some broadcasts?

2. Milhouse

Milhouse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, they should be working with most broadcasts particularly NICAM stereo broadcasts. Mine do go into standby mode on certain transmissions, I don't think this is a fault but simply that these type of transmissions do not contain suitable virtual surround material.

Have you correctly enabled the wireless speakers in the sound setup of the TV? Are you on the correct frequency? Have you tried the "Test" mode of the TV - this will send a signal to all 5.1 speakers in turn.

3. jeffspiers

jeffspiers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I,ve now got them to work but they only work in "hall mode" and I was expecting them to work AS WELL AS the speakers on the tv.
    It seems I can only have sound coming out of the speakers OR the tv. Is this right?

4. Milhouse

Milhouse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No, should definately be both TV and rear speakers working together if you have the rears enabled... I think from memory you can also disable the built in TV speakers if you have an external amp, this is the only possible reason I can think of why yours aren't operating with the rears.

Sounds very strange, they're not at all complicated to set up and get working so if you are having trouble I can only suggest that either the rear speakers or the TV (or both) is/are faulty.

:confused: