Philips 27pt6441 Distortion

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by drought2112, Mar 28, 2005.

1. drought2112

drought2112

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Had this television for two months now. Until now, I have been rather pleased with it. Just recently, I noticed the picture had become stretched horizontally and pincushioned in the middle:
    (forgive the crude ascii pic, it was the best way i could think to describe it)
    Now the top and bottom appear fine; the left and right sides of the screen are well off the visible area of the tv. I have entered and played with ( :) ) the Service Menu, but there does not appear to be a setting to "squeeze" the left and right back onto the screen. The questions are these:

1) Is there a quick fix available for this? (reset, menu option, etc..)

2) If not, is this tube toast or is it serviceable? (I will be honest and do not recall at this moment the warranty expiration; that is something I will investigate if need be)

Thanks for any and all help!!

Joe
    A.K.A. drought2112

2. drought2112

drought2112

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    shameless bump =)

3. JayCee

JayCee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,324
    1/ No
    2/ It is not the "tube" which causes this but a fault in the e/w (East/West) circuitry.
    You do not say if the set was new when you bought it, if it is you should not be "playing around" in the service menu as you may well invalidate the guarantee.