1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips 26PF8946

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by tesh, Jan 13, 2005.

1. tesh

tesh
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I am thinking about purchasing the Philips 26PF8946 model from comet:

http://www.comet.co.uk/comet/html/cache/223794.html

I cannot find anything in the forums about this model and I have searched everywhere on the internet for reviews without success. If anyone has had any experience with this Philips screen please let me know. Cheers

2. jimsan

jimsan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Hi Tesh,

It's hard to recommend this TV in any way really. It's a discontinued model and the fact that it is an '89' numbered set means it is from a previous range. There is no PixelPlus, no component inputs and, seemingly, only 1 scart. It probably has a VGA computer input. Poor contrast ratio too.

These specs are well below average and the set is best avoided.

There are a lot of better performing sets out there at this size or 27" which would do a much better job.

Have a dig through this forum (all the pages) and see if you can see a trend...

Jimmy

3. tesh

tesh
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Jimmy,
    Thanks for the advice, I was thinking for my budget, the choice was either this Philips or the Tosh 30WL46. I have spoken to some forum members regarding the Tosh and they say it is suitable for use as a pc monitor with the DVI connection and I am sure it has a VGA connection as well. What do you think of this model considering I must stay inside my £1000 budget? Are there any other models worth looking at?
    Cheers

Tesh