• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Philips 23PF9956

jonandjen

I'm currently waiting for a recently ordered Philips 23PF9956 to arrive, and noticed (a little late!) that it does not have any component connections. It does however have 2 Scarts (1 RGB) and a DVI input (I think it is DVI-I, although on Philips website it says it is DVI-I and on the downloadable Tech Spec PDF it says DVI D). My plan was to connect the RGB scart to an Xbox, and therefore wanted to connect also to a Home Cinema or DVD. As the RGB will be occupied with XBox, would my best option be to utilise the DVI-I input for connection to the HC / DVD?

jimsan

According to my spec sheet, it's a DVI-D socket. Unless your pumping in a pure digital signal you're scuppered.

Jimmy

jonandjen

jimsan, thanks for the reply. You're right, the spec sheet says DVI-D, yet the summary on the Philips website says DVI-I - what chance has a confused novice like me got when companies such as Philips can't get their info 'joined up' ? Perhaps I should just go for an LCD which has component inputs, and I wouldn't have this dilema.

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom