philips 23 inch widescreen tv (2 inch white line on screen)

nev

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi There My philips 23 inch widescreen has developed a 2 inch white line vertically with tiny coloured lines within,
and a dark blue 2 inch line down the left of the white one?
Can anyone help me determine why and how to Fix Please?
Thanks Nev..

Attachments

• 2011-11-29 philips.jpg
    2011-11-29 philips.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 807
Last edited:
This is usually as a result of a bump or knock, causing the edge connection to fail. Theother possibility is the driver chip has gone.

End result of this fault however caused is a scrap monitor as they are normally not worth fixing.

Hi There Thanks for that!
Last night i had the back off and cleaned all of the connections!
Before i started you could only view half of the screen!
However by the time i had finished there was just a section in the middle about 2 inches across white
Cheers Nev..

Last edited:
Reflecting on This Problem There is a White line Vertically approx 2 inches wide, with very thin coloured lines within it, spaced out?
and adjoined to the left of this white line is a slightly darker blue line equilly about 2 inches across!
And the rest of the screen is a Lighter Blue without a tv Signal Present!
Any Idea's would be Appreciated Please!
Thanks Nev...

Last edited:
Now a photo added! If anyone can help please?
Thanks Nev...

Looks like a driver chip or connector issue still. It is very tricky to get this working correctly, but well done for getting so far!

See if any of the connectors are not quite pushed home or aligned. You might just fix it...

Hi There! What i forgot to do is clean the terminals? Before i put my magic aviation contact improving compound on them? Lol
I will try again later in the week thanks Nev...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom