1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips 20pf4110 - Progressive scan dvd

Discussion in 'Philips TVs Forum' started by evanl, Sep 20, 2005.

Tags:
  1. evanl

evanl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello!

I would appreciate your help on the following:

Just bought a PHILIPS 20PF4110 (temporary solution until the Clear LCD Series is on the market, but that's another story...) and a budget DVD Player LG DVX9800 (same reason...).

The TV has 1 analogue (audio/video input), 1 SCART and 1 DVI-D external socket. The DVD has 1 analogue (audio/video output), 1 SCART and 1 component/progressive scan (PrPbY) external socket.

The whole idea of this combination was to use the progressive scan function of the DVD with the HD Input of the TV. However:
    According to the TV manual the HD mode can be used only through connections via the DVI-D.
    According to the DVD, the progressive scan function can be used only through the PrPbY cable.

The problem is that -as I was told by a technician after I bought the products, the PrPbYanalogue signal is incompatible with the DVI-D didgital signal.

Can someone advise on how I can make a connection which will enable me to use the progressive scan/HD function? Of cource I could use the SCART or - even worse - the analogue audio-video input/output, but in this case I do not use my machinery capabilities at all!

Thank you for your patience!