Philips 2022 models 8507,8807 and 807 info

gopu

Thanks @HAM5ter84 !! that's the information I was looking for. Not sure what to do just yet though. I wish there was confirmation on the RAM for the new 50PUS8507 model because looking at the information from Toengel's blog it seems that it will have 4GB RAM, which can make quite a big difference for performance of Android software... but then again that might not be correct because I also found the exact same kind of information from Toengel's blog for the 50PUS8506 model (see below) and it says 4GB too for that one and now you confirmed that is only 3GB which is what I saw reported in some youtube video (that's why I was confused with this). So maybe I will be waiting 3-4 months to get the new model, probably a bit more expensive and maybe not really bringing any performance benefits... I really appreciate your input thanks!
2021-08-19_Toengels-Philips-Blog_Philips-TV-Overview-Range-Line-up_2021.png

HAM5ter84

Thanks @HAM5ter84 !! that's the information I was looking for. Not sure what to do just yet though. I wish there was confirmation on the RAM for the new 50PUS8507 model because looking at the information from Toengel's blog it seems that it will have 4GB RAM, which can make quite a big difference for performance of Android software... but then again that might not be correct because I also found the exact same kind of information from Toengel's blog for the 50PUS8506 model (see below) and it says 4GB too for that one and now you confirmed that is only 3GB which is what I saw reported in some youtube video (that's why I was confused with this). So maybe I will be waiting 3-4 months to get the new model, probably a bit more expensive and maybe not really bringing any performance benefits... I really appreciate your input thanks!
View attachment 1693242
From what I read on here is that Philips do a 2 yr run on hardware and then refresh. So, the last upgrade was the move to hdmi 2.1 on the 06 variant and picking up what seems more stable version of panel Lottery mva screens than the 05 variant. I'd expect 07 to be very similar to 06 with what like Imax Enhanched being added to the list of format support. But, P5 seems to remain the same , but the 8807 , which has the 120hz probably the only real change in the One Category.

So, the likely maths man's choice for hardware move will likely be with 08 variant. If history repeats itself. This may see the p5 ai move down and replace the p5 gen 2 on the mid range One Series that 85** is marketed as and the OLED variants will have a p5 ai V6 for mid and v7 for the top bells and whistles.

All theory based on prior TV hardware choices by TPV and Philips.

techfan1967

Philips TV & Sound Roadshow 2022

As always Philips leave it late to provide an update on their models, the OLED807 will be available this summer with an improved Ambilight system.

Hody

I have a LG Nanocell for gaming. I bought a Philips Model 2020 but it was not suitable for gaming at all. I wonder if the 8807 will be as good as the Nanocell, as I am missing out on the ambilight

dadou0067

Standard Member
Hello everybody, is something wrong with the future model oled 807? They were suppose the be on the market now a thought,but no info since January now... also the firmware update is still in progress for the 806 (4K/120hz)? A lot of people are waiting for...

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom