Philips 2021 Line Up

That will be interesting, thanks for heads up. Should we put bets on specs? :rotfl: As guarantee each model lifted again and 50nits added to panel specs :D
What's everyone's wish list? I have sneaky suspicion they will be forced to update platform if want to retain certification on top streaming providers like Netflix etc...

I've heard from Toengel that they use a custom variant of the Mediatek 9950.

HDMI 2.1 confirmed.😆👍

I've heard from Toengel that they use a custom variant of the Mediatek 9950.

HDMI 2.1 confirmed.😆👍
Well Toengel is not official source, but would be nice to have some decent chipset and GPU as android TV apps section is growing including gaming :rotfl:

Unfortunately HDMI 2.1 will be again year of mystery in specification and capability. Multiple articles appear that manufacturers will try again market hdmi 2.1 in their own ways as might lack certain functionalities. It will be down to consumer to ensure he has got hdmi2.1 functionalities he wanted in particular tv. Get rather annoyed now with all this as it becomes too complicated to match purchase to your kit. As example Sony will list supported inputs and outputs per source, where philips just won't go into depth.... Even manuals are vague on actual support. :facepalm:

That will be interesting, thanks for heads up. Should we put bets on specs? :rotfl: As guarantee each model lifted again and 50nits added to panel specs :D
What's everyone's wish list? I have sneaky suspicion they will be forced to update platform if want to retain certification on top streaming providers like Netflix etc...
The Philips/TP Vision employee that posts on here promised a top of the range LCD for 2021 with 120Hz panel.

We’ll see if it happens or not.

The Philips/TP Vision employee that posts on here promised a top of the range LCD for 2021 with 120Hz panel.

We’ll see if it happens or not.
it probably will, but question is whether true 120hz 10 bit panel and at what cost.

it probably will, but question is whether true 120hz 10 bit panel and at what cost.
It will probably command a price premium, but should still be noticeably cheaper than OLED, and Philips OLEDs are already very well priced compared to the competition.

file.php

file.php

Some are already on their website:

Your Philips TV boasts the latest HDMI 2.1 connectivity and automatically switches to an ultra-low-latency setting when you start playing a game on your console. VRR and Freesync are supported for smooth fast-action gameplay. Ambilight's gaming mode brings the thrill right into the room.

Philips TV 2021: first information on the OLED and Mini LED series

So this year we have some choice between OLED and mini LED then. I guess two mini LED models are just with or without soundbar...
If mini LED range will share same P5 AI engine version as OLED then there is some hope that these are premium tv's. Last years LCD even top range had only gen1 P5 engines as comparison. Hopefully more detail on panels specs and platform will appear soon.

Philips adopting mini-LED is an interesting development. We already know Sony won't, but if Panasonic did, that would have some serious potential.

Philips adopting mini-LED is an interesting development. We already know Sony won't, but if Panasonic did, that would have some serious potential.
Its not that they adopting they just probably changed their supply chain to meet demand. Would be interesting to know which manufacturer panel in use this time. Suppose 75" model will be easier to narrow down once released. Just need to start saving now as I doubt it will be cheap knowing philips :confused:

Hopefully the 43 PUS 8506 will have a 120HZ panel or I have to go with the 48 OLED.😆

Philips PUS9506 4K Premium TV with Mini-LED & HDMI 2.1 in 65 & 75 inches

Philips PUS9206 4K LCD TV with 100Hz panel hits exactly in the "middle"

Philips 2021 OLED TVs new with HDMI 2.1 and 77 inches (OLED806 / OLED856)

Philips TV innovations 2021: Announced OLED & MiniLEDs with HDMI 2.1

New Philips 2021 TV range

Last edited:
Freesync Premium Pro.😆👍
Again no High End TV in smaller screensizes.

So it will be a choice between the 50 Inch Samsung Q90A or the 48 Inch Philips 806 Oled.

Coming from the 805 the 806 is a good upgrade, but not one that I’ll make.

Impressive looking range for this year. Be interesting to see how they price their Mini-LED range and when they will have them available for purchase.

Looking forward to reviews to see how they shape up as I imagine they won't be shy in making these available for review.

Polish price:
Polish prices of models 806 and 856 for start in sizes 48-65 inches
48 "- 5999 PLN
55" - 7299 PLN
65 "- 9999 PLN are also known
We also know the estimated retail prices of selected models:
Philips 65PUS9636 - PLN 9,999
Philips 75PUS9636 - PLN 12,999
Philps 65PUS9505 - PLN 7,999
Philips 55PUS9206 - PLN 4 999
Source:

Polish price:
Polish prices of models 806 and 856 for start in sizes 48-65 inches
48 "- 5999 PLN
55" - 7299 PLN
65 "- 9999 PLN are also known
We also know the estimated retail prices of selected models:
Philips 65PUS9636 - PLN 9,999
Philips 75PUS9636 - PLN 12,999
Philps 65PUS9505 - PLN 7,999
Philips 55PUS9206 - PLN 4 999
Source:

Thanks for sharing source. 75PUS9636 – 12 999 PLN about £2.5k...
Shame there is no confirmed info yet on actual hardware used for android.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom