1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips 14PT1686 and s-video

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Shady Deal, Sep 16, 2002.

1. Shady Deal

Shady Deal
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi,
    I have the above TV and wonder if anyone knows if the single scart on the back supports s-video?? (There is no S-video 4 pin input). I ask because RGB pictures from my x-box are very poor on this TV so am just using the standard composite lead supplied with the box.

I also have a s-video lead for the x-box and understand that I can get a s-video->scart adaptor, but this would be pointless if the TV can't accept s-video.

Rang Philips don't think that they were too sure either, I think the manual says something like "Scart supports CVBS/RGB so am I correct in thinking that s- video inputs will not work??

Regards
    Mark

2. Zacabeb

Zacabeb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Yes (no?), it will not work. S-video support is uncommon on portable-size TV's.

It makes me wonder what is causing the RGB problems with Philips TV's... I've helped this couple set up a DVD player with their new TV and swapped SCART inputs with the VCR, so the DVD would get the RGB input. However, the picture turned very dark also on that set. Seems to be a fault found in various Philips models.

3. Shady Deal

Shady Deal
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks for the reply.

Regards