Philips 1010 DVD

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by GrahamC, Oct 18, 2001.

1. GrahamC

GrahamC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67
    Hi all,

Has any body had any dealings with the Philips DVD1010 player, with referance to RCE, multiregion and CD-R VCD playback. Thanks..

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Its seems that on this website, no one owns a philips DVD Player. I have recently ordered the 952 DVD Player (Matchline Series) It have several features built in. I have bought this player mainly as it have a DD, DTS and MP3 decoding plus CD-R , RW compatibility. I don't know really how this player performs, but the specs are great! Hope its a great performer!

3. GrahamC

GrahamC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67
    Hi Gatt,

I agree that the philips range does seem to be good value for money. Just waiting for the 'experts' on this site to share their wisdome.

4. potato

potato

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Had performed a search on the Phillips DVD1010 and only found two threads, this has been long ago but I still dig it out to see whether some of you have experience with this player or not after one year:)

I'm now thinking about the hot 963SA but the local dealer have two 1010 for 399EUR (each of course), the original price of it was 1699EUR a year ago and still listed as 999EUR before the offer. On the latest Phillips product catalog (2002/2003) mentioned this player as "High End DVD Player", so I would like to know:

1. how is this compare to 963sa interms of build quality, piture and sound quality? (this player is not heavy)

2. does it has pal - p?

3. can this player be hacked for region free (and pal-p if not already there)? (this is the most important to me especially the RC free hack)

4. 963SA costs 499EUR in store and this is 399EUR, it is very tempted especially this said to be "high end" :)

Thanks for any information.