1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philip TV problem

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Legendary, Jan 22, 2002.

1. Legendary

Legendary

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I have a philip 24 inches widescreen TV and I use Sony 735D DVD player.

If I use S-Video cable from DVD Player to my TV (and tried other cable) - the picture show ghosty blue when there is dark blue/blue background.

If I use S-Video cable from my PC DVD-Rom to my TV it show a rock solid picture with a slight trim down the left and right picture (no problem apart from the cable isn't longer enough)

If I use a quality scart cable via DVD Player to my TV - no problem.

Any idea why there is ghosty blue effect on TV ? Is it my TV or my DVD player is causing the problem ?

I want to know in case I import a nintendo gamecube to play games on my TV. (When I get more money)

2. DPJT78

DPJT78

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Maybe you have to configure your 'video output' signal in the 'set-up menu' of your DVD player.

I have a Toshiba SD210 DVD player and in the video part of the set-up menu I have the choice between 'vidéo', 'S-vidéo' and 'RGB'.

If I choose RGB or vidéo, it works correctly with my scart connexion N°1 of my TV set because this last is compatible with RGB, but s-vidéo doesn't work.
    If I choose the N°2 scart connexion, RGB doesn't work but S-video and video, yes.

So verify the set-up of your DVD player and the connexion of your TV (determine which is RGB and which is s-video if there are two).

I hope it will help.

Bye.