Philip Seymour Hoffman

Kieron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Absolutely stunned, any idea of c.o.d?

The NY Post is saying drug overdose...

Very sad. Had some great films.

he turned in some excellent performances and was always worth watching, when will people ever learn about drugs, thoughts are with his wife and kids, rip

What a waste of a life and a great talent. :( If the stories are true about the way he died (possibly drug related as reported at the time of this post) I just don't get it. Those who have attained their creative excellence and are also, financially, at the top of their tree and have a lifestyle that most of us can only dream of......why the hell do they do this. I just can't get my head around it, very sad indeed and he was only 46.

Of course there is also the matter of this awful loss to his family, it is going to be extremely hard for them, absolutely tragic.

What a waste of a life and a great talent. :( If the stories are true about the way he died (possibly drug related as reported at the time of this post) I just don't get it. Those who have attained their creative excellence and are also, financially, at the top of their tree and have a lifestyle that most of us can only dream of......why the hell do they do this.

Depression and self-doubt can trump all the success/money/fame. Agreed....another sad loss.

Gutted. He was one of my favourite actors. Performances always stood out in films. Tragic RIP

wow

RIP Mr Hoffman

Another great talent gone

Totally stunned at this devastating news. Anyone who thinks that you can control a habit simply doesn't get the fact that the addiction controls you, not the other way around. And no amount of fame, fortune and success makes any difference to a habit.

A seismic loss to the movie industry but an even bigger loss to his family.

Depression and self-doubt can trump all the success/money/fame. Agreed....another sad loss.

I suppose your right, you have to be in a very lonely and inhospitable place to take one's life, with or without the luxury of personal wealth. There have been too many who in most peoples eyes seem to have everything that, generally, we would relish, only to hear that they have ended their lives through drink, drugs or by some other means due to depression and as you have stated self doubt. It only goes to prove that fame and wealth aren't everything, and that health and happiness trumps that, especially health.

Very gutted..one of my favs. My favourite movie of all time is Almost Famous :(
Tonight we'll be watching the excellent Doubt in tribute to the big man :)
R.I.P

I suppose your right, you have to be in a very lonely and inhospitable place to take one's life, with or without the luxury of personal wealth. There have been too many who in most peoples eyes seem to have everything that, generally, we would relish, only to hear that they have ended their lives through drink, drugs or by some other means due to depression and as you have stated self doubt. It only goes to prove that fame and wealth aren't everything, and that health and happiness trumps that, especially health.
Did he take his own life though ? He OD'd, doesn't mean he meant to do it !

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom