1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philip Pullman 'His Dark Materials'

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by RMCF, Aug 12, 2005.

1. RMCF

RMCF

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +621
    Having just started on Book2 of this trilogy (and thoroughly enjoyed Book1) I was wondering if there are any films planned.

Book1 would make a great film.

2. themoid

themoid

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    i seem to remember reading a deal is done to make films of the books. however, the religious content / context is to be removed (but with the agreement of Pullman)

3. rhoamish

rhoamish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A new director has just been assigned to the first film: the original pulled out because the film was going to be technically difficult.

I'm really looking forward to this, even though it is being made under the US book title, instead of 'Northern Lights'.

4. Pbryanw

Pbryanw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    Yes, I'd be interested in whether they could pull off a film of this book. I loved the books but wonder how they'll be able to get across the concept of dust and some of the amazing scenes in the book, especially in the Amber Spyglass. How dumbed down will the movies become? Then again if you get the right director (Peter jackson & Lord of the Rings) and team behind you then it might be possible...