• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Philex 10m Satellite Extension Lead?

cj550

Standard Member
I bought this lead in Argos but cant get it to work. I have read the other threads and it should be easy! All i get on screen is "no signal from satellite dish". Am i doing something wrong?
I connected the satellite cable to one end of the F-type coupler and the new lead to the other end and then connected it to the Sky Box.
Left over from the packet is a washer and a hex nut. Do the cables need to be in contact inside the F-type coupler?
Any ideas? thanks

Paul_McG

The centre copper conductor connects to the centre conductor in the barrel, this doesn't go the middle of the connector to make contact with the plug on the other end.

10m is a fairly long lead, if you already had a weak signal, it will be enough to drop the signal completely.

Remove the lead, and then check your signal strength with your original confuguration, if it's already low (less than 40%) then a 10m lead, particularly if the cable isn't great quality, will drop to much signal.

Maplin currently have 20m of CT100 cable on offer at £13 with the F Plugs, you could buy this, and make a cable yourself. I have just used this to cable 11m from dish to wall plate, then a 4m flying lead, and it works perfectly.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom