Phil Collins.... Not Dead Yet

cebs_uk

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Phil just did a live facebook stream with Jools Holland.

Announced a small tour next year in june 2017, 5 night in London, Germany and France.

Nothing else planned yet but didn't rule it out.

Some nice questions from Jools and the audience, bar one journalist asking about his Alamo book and if it was still coming out, reply it came out in 2010...

Shame all the days are in London but with five announced to hopefully wont be that hard to get some good seats, managed front row in '97 and 2004 but don't think I will be that luckly this time.

Be taking my son for sure, he has seen Peter already and Mike and the Mechanics so once seen Phil almost as good as a genesis gig, which fingers crossed.

Nice week with this and Depeche Mode tour, pretty sure Peter will drop and album and tour soon as well, well soon being this decade.

You know, I saw your thread this morning and thought the title was a bit :eek: to be honest. However, having seen him on the One Show tonight I now realise what you meant :facepalm:. He was great on there, a really lovely guy - worth watching the show if you can, just to see what happens when you leave a set of drums in a shopping mall...er, I think it was a shopping mall!

The One Show, 17/10/2016

Last edited:
He is calling the tour and book that himself, I didn't name it...

He does look a bit old but he had a fall last week which probably didn't help, and I didn't know about his foot problem till the talk.

I do hope he can drum a bit but sure he will enjoy doing the tour with his son, must be a proper proud dad moment.

I know when my son's ict teacher called him his star pupil it got to me.

He is calling the tour and book that himself, I didn't name it...

He does look a bit old but he had a fall last week which probably didn't help, and I didn't know about his foot problem till the talk.

I do hope he can drum a bit but sure he will enjoy doing the tour with his son, must be a proper proud dad moment.

I know when my son's ict teacher called him his star pupil it got to me.

Yes I'm glad I realised that, I was about to give you my 'Disgusted of Tunbridge wells' smilie...whatever that is :D.

Yes, when he was talking about his sons you could see how proud he was of them and obviously his talent has passed to them. I noticed when browsing Amazon last night that the remastered vinyl copies of his solo albums were updated with more recent pictures of him on the front covers :D.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Face-Value-Remastered-Phil-Collins/dp/B01BE1AZBC/ref=ntt_mus_ep_dpi_2

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Yeah, all of them are on double CD sets as well and a box to hold them all in comes with fave value I think.

Life long Collins fan here so I am very happy he is stay able to tour, I think he is a great front man very different to Dave Gahan but equally capable of holding an 20,000 plus crowd.

Let's hope for a great concert and blurray release afterwards and maybe some new tunes after that or a genesis gig.

While no doubt he is getting old, I think his voice is still there and his songs are as good as ever.

Think how proud he must be singing with his son behind him on the drums.

Thought the kid did good for the us open 'in the air tonight', but would be disappointed if Phil didn't play the drums on that one at a gig.

Half of the power of that song is the build up on route while he walks around before the drums kick in.

Maybe if he did a piano version at some point in the night as well that could make up for it.

I got his book yesterday and it's a good read already.

Like a lot of people who habe a family and then loose it, just wants those things back and for him to looks like that has happened.

Just a shame there wasn't a golden ticket wonka style inside, unless I am willing to shell out over 600 for a pair I don't think I will see him this tour.

I couldn't get anywhere near tickets last week, was on some virtual holding page that never changed.

Let's hope he does some bigger venues or some small intimate gigs for fans via his website or similar.

I do have great memories of all his gigs, so I am gutted not to be going to any this time.

He did a the Jonathan Ross show this week , sung at the end , but he really did look bad on his feet and in all fairness looked old , his voice was ok and you would of known it was him without seeing the tv , but he simply didn't have the power there still.

He has had a fall recently and got a black eye from it so must have been bad.

And be needed a stick to walk on stage for the press conference last week but I presume that is a temp thing.

I hope he is up for it but I do get the feeling this will be it bar a one off genesis gig, if that ever happens he just wouldn't be able to say no imo.

I would have loved him to pop up in East enders as either Phil Mitchells dad or even funnier recast him as Grant.

1477583621001.jpg

Been making my way through this lot today.

1477583657987.jpg
1477583667377.jpg

Love the set list on this but no DVD, just laser disc or on sky arts at times.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom