1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

phew, that was lucky

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by kifimoto, Dec 11, 2003.

1. kifimoto

kifimoto

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I left my 434 on sky sports1 last night... it was on from about 12 last night to half 8 this morning! quick check - there was no screen burn so i was very relieved... Lucky i had it on skysports one which doesn't show its logo during ad breaks (which there were plenty!). God knows what would happen if i had left it on BBC News24 or Bloomberg or sth...

(i had switched off the no operation off function as well ;p - that will teach me....)

2. lumpsucker

lumpsucker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Thats reassuring to know. I'm still in the first week of my 504 and I am Zooming out logo's at first sight. Maybe I can relax a bit now.

Cheers

3. Costas

Costas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +121
    Guys,

Relax! You do not need to zoom on every logo, only if you are going to watch the same channel without change for more than 3 hours or so. Also very few very bright logos can become really an issue. Among the very worst is the Cbeebies logo. This one I always have on zoom when the children are watching. I have used the 433 in the past and now the 434 in this mode for a long time. Never a problem. If you after a prolonged watch you may see an after image (not burn) just play some film or lof free material before you switch it off.

4. bobbypunk

bobbypunk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i work in a shop,
    Our 434 is on 8 hours a day and the first day we put it in we found screen burn from a channel but then we turned it on after it had been off all night and breathed a sigh of relief, it had solved itself?
    Now we only leave running DVD's on it on repeat!!!