Phenomena - German Region 2 DVD query!!!

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by PoochJD, Jan 17, 2002.

1. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,861
    Hi All,

Can anyone help me please, as I have a query regarding the Dragon Entertainment double-DVD release of Argento's "Phenomena", released in Germany?

I managed to obtain this DVD, and got around to watching the movie tonight, but a strange thing happened. At the 84m 57s mark, with the English language audio track selected, for about the next 20 seconds, the dialogue between actreses Jennifer Connelly and Daria Nicolodi suddenly changes into Italian. (They are fighting at Daria's characters house, over whether or not Jennifer should take a pill or not!)

Then, at 85m 22s, the dialogue returns back to English again.

Can anyone tell me if this is supposed to happen, or is it a fault on a batch of the discs, or what?

Any help, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, in advance,

Pooch

2. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Not sure but can you change the audio track during play?
    May see the language track when you press the audio button before/after and during the scene. If it changes it's a glitch, if it remains as e.g. "Eng. 3/2.1" it's probably intention.

3. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    BTW: Is it called "Phenomenon" with John Travolta? Did a query in two German DVD review sites, no mentioning of any bugs. Though I assume they reviewed the German track rather than the English one ...

Ups, google just spit out it's a horror movie so must be a different one. Well, some people may think movies starring Johhny boy are also horror ...
    Don't like those kind of movies myself but with Jennifer Connelly starring in it I may consider. :D

4. Rambo John J

Rambo John J
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,088
    Yup, it's supposed to do that - it's one of the restored bits that they weren't able to obtain an English language track for - same principle as Anchor Bay have used on their restored versions of Profondo Rosso (Deep Red, but you already knew that) and the recent Cut and Run.

5. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,861
    Hi All,

Thanks for all your help. Like Rambo said, it is supposed to be this way, as some reinstated scenes were never made/dubbed into English, and as such, they dissolve into Italian, even if the English soundtrack is selected.

Cheers, again folks!

Pooch