1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Phd8 Dead!

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by blackeyepurple, Oct 27, 2005.

1. blackeyepurple

blackeyepurple

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Was just watching a DVD.....panel switched itself of....flashing red light :rolleyes: Switched it of and on again.....got a screen full of colours....then it switched off again and red light flashing! Now it switches on and I can get up all the on-screen menus up but no picture over scart or HDMI....its dead!

2. blackeyepurple

blackeyepurple

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :rotfl: I have to laugh.....I thought i'd finally found a good set and it dies on me in 2 weeks! I don't think anyone else has had this with there PHD8?

3. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +460
    at least you can laugh about it mate...it is a great screen, but sad you got a duff one...assume you've already sorted it with your supplier?

ps* well done mods for deleting longy's trolling :thumbsup:

4. blackeyepurple

blackeyepurple

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'll call AVSales in the morning....just means have the w/e without a TV :thumbsdow It is a great screen and I don' want anything else. I know I wont have any probs with AVSales replacing it....hope the next one is ok.

5. AQU4RIUS

AQU4RIUS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    home insurance ?

6. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +460
    i don't think so....it's not accidental damage

7. blackeyepurple

blackeyepurple

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Its only 2 weeks old....its faulty....its refund/replacement within 30 days.

8. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Have you tried removing/reseating the cards? Well worth a try. The 1st bit reads like PSU failure, but if it comes on and stays on for menus, it can't be. You can select the inputs, presumably, just nothing there?

9. blackeyepurple

blackeyepurple

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I can get a bright pink screen over HDMI and no picture over component (VGA) and none from Freeview (Scart). I also dont get the menu's on the scart input.....only the VGA and HDMI. You can't remove the VGA as you know so I dont think its the boards. I got a very strange pattern of bright pink/green and white all over the screen and then a green bar dropped from top to bottom and it switched itself into safe (flashing red light) again. I spoke to Andrew at AVSales and he said it sounded terminal so they are replacing on Monday. Its the only one they have had do this so I guess I must be lucky! Something else I did notice when I first got the unit was that the stickers inside (one on the far right side fan top and one on the internal panel back) had hand written initials on them and the first unit I had only had a computer printed label on them.....wonder if it was re-worked in the factory for a similar problem and then ok'd by QC? just a thought.

10. Dekim

Dekim
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hope with it been the last one it doesn't have stuck/dead pixels. Hopefully you'll be ok. You'll have to let us know.

Deks

11. blackeyepurple

blackeyepurple

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Yeah....I had thought of that.....I'm obviously cursed so i'm sure it will have dead pixels and buzz like a mother.

12. FlyingBig

FlyingBig
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    If you don't mind be asking what was it better at doing than the pv500. Does it have no auto contrast and no horizontal line? That would just about make it perfect :)

13. blackeyepurple

blackeyepurple

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dont think any PHD8's suffer with the horizontal line....still has the contrast/brightness issue though unfortunately.