PhD Greens Ph7 Review

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Jean Valjean, Aug 24, 2013.

1. Jean Valjean

Jean Valjean

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +280
    So 1st of all i want everyone to know that i don't work for PhD Nutrition.
    The product has been payed for by myself and i in now way receive any benefits from placing this review.

So what is PhD Greens Ph7 ?
    Well its been designed for people like me who struggle to get enough "Greens" in their system.
    I hate veg. I think the only veg i consume is Sweetcorn & Peas. So while i'm training i thought i would give this a whirl.
    So 1st impressions are
    Well its green.
    Its a very fine powder that smells like a field.
    It comes in two flavours Pomegranate & un-flavoured. I'm currently using the Pomegranate.
    The instructions state it can be mixed with Water, Protein Shakes, Juices and also be sprinkled on food.
    I'm guessing the un-flavoured ones will work with protein shakes & food.

Daily intake is 2 servings per day with each serving consisting of x1 scoop (11g) in 250ml of water.
    At 330g a tub this should last around 2 weeks. I managed to buy this product for £18 but i have seen it sold for as much as £30+ so it could be construed as being quite expensive.

Greens Ph7 contains
    160kj/38kcal
    1.7g protien
    7.8g carbs
    2g of which sugars
    0.33g fat
    0.08 of which saturates
    1.5g fibre

Taken from the PhD Website
    My 1st attempt was with water and boy is this stuff horrible.
    The initial taste is somewhat creamy then your hit with what i can only describe as grass.
    I tried hard to finish off the 1st one but the 2nd one seemed to ease off.
    The taste does become bearable after a few servings.
    I have tried mixing with Pomegranate & Blueberry Juice which improved the taste 10 fold, but i was worried about the extra intake of the Juice.

Like i said the taste after a few servings has become bearable and i now just down the thing.

If i start to see some benefits i'd continue to use the stuff if i could find it as cheap as i have at the moment.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 24, 2013
  2. silent ninja

silent ninja

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +825
    I'd be interested in whether the health benefits, namely micronutrients and fibre, are retained in powder form. Surely they've been processed away? I'm sceptical. Think about the preservatives and whatnot. You can't buy veg without it going off within 2 weeks, so how are they retaining all the goodness in a packaged product?

I just buy frozen veg, mix them up, microwave for 3 minutes and eat as a side dish with dinner. Sometimes I just dip them in BBQ sauce. Easy! Stuff like spinach can just be thrown in a pan with olive oil and garlic -- takes 4 minutes to make and is super healthy as well as tasting good.

3. Desmo

Desmo
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,620
    I bloody hate the supplement industry :laugh:
    £40-60 a month for something to try and replace a few vegetables?

4. Jean Valjean

Jean Valjean

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +280
    Just an update on this.
    Apart from my bowels becoming very regular & good consistency i could not see any other benefits from using this.
    But.......
    For years i have lived with the issue of my anus being very itchy.
    I put it down to having a bad diet as the more junk food i ate the worse it got.
    When using the PHD Greens PH7 i noticed that my itchy anus really settled down. Until i stopped using it and it seems to have come back with a vengeance.
    I have since discovered i have a condition known as Candida which is an over growth of a certain yeast in my gut.
    Reading about it i have found that there are 2 things that can help control the yeast over growth and that is Chlorella & Spirulina which both are contained in Greens PH7.
    So i'm back on the PH7 in conjunction with a low carb diet to help try and get my gut healthy again.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2014
  5. Jean Valjean

Jean Valjean

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +280
    Just to let you know that it does actually state on the tub that it must be consumed within 30 days of opening.