PHANTOM MENACE POOR PIC QUALITY

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by SILVERBACK, Oct 20, 2001.

1. SILVERBACK

SILVERBACK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +74
    just read the review over at bullets n babes.com an they reckon the picture is full of flaws.they also reckon that lucas has done this so he can release a better version.if this is true about the picture then surely lucas should be dealt with.if this is true about the picture quality then to quote barry the baptist HE`S A ******* THIEF :mad: can anyone tell me if they are right about the pic because bullets seem pretty insistant the picture is bad for edge enhancement right the way through the film

[ 21-10-2001: Message edited by: Spectre ]

2. BadAss

BadAss
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +182
    Also did you notice how he only put some of the deleted scenes back into this DVD release. Give it six months there'll be a full length CE. Second thoughts with the time it took for this version to come out we'll be waiting for Luke Skywalkers grandkids to train Jedi.
    With todays branching technology you would of thought this would of been an option. Now when I watch the pod race I know there's parts missing and its very distracting, why didn't he put the whole unedited pod race on the second disc and be done!!!?

3. 2129564

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    One simple reason would be that there's already more than enough of the podrace in the film as it is.

4. SILVERBACK

SILVERBACK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +74
    maybe its because he loves to rip fans off because lets face facts without star wars he would be nothing.so he has to make all the money he can of the films he has made.by the way im not a fan of the films myself but i know what fans are like an they will buy whatever comes out.its just a shame lucas doesnt respect his loyal following mind you if he makes the next film as bad as the pants menace he will be in trouble lol

5. Rob Gillespie

Rob Gillespie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Something they have absolutely no proof or evidence of.

And how exactly is he ripping people off? The disc is loaded with quality extras (massively better than the pap stuffed onto most of the Warner discs). Audio transfer is stunning. Video transfer is fine (could do better though George). Nice, polished package overall. He's ripping off no-one. Reviews are all over the web and nobody is forcing anyone to buy anything.

6. Jenz

Jenz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Rob,

In defence of my review we speculate that we will see a better DVD version of The Phantom Menace in the future that is all. We make no accusation of Ripping Off. Our review as always is to the point and accurate.

We clearly recommend the disc but are disappointed with the video as you yourself state.

Jenz.

7. Rob Gillespie

Rob Gillespie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Jenz,
    No, I know you weren't suggesting the disc was a rip-off. It just seems as though we've waited ages for the DVD to appear and now everyone has it half of the people can't wait to rip it apart.

The extras on TPM are some of the best I've seen. Better than probably 80% of the titles that come out. Video transfer does have issues which really should have been addressed, but you could say the same thing for half of the films that come out (remastered Die Hard 3 anyone?).

8. MarkB

MarkB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    If they are going to release the full/directors cut/whatever version later then we've been ripped off – how ever you look at it. It will be the collectors and fans who have bought this disc, only for it to be obsolete as soon as they release the full version.
    That's my opinion any way.
    Mark

9. BadAss

BadAss
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +182
    Is it possible for some one to re-edit the movie and copy it to a blank DVD and not loose any of the sound and picture quailty?

10. Confucius

Confucius

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +132
    Problem is I think you would still need a dual layer disc to fit the movie Audio & Visuals on (not including all the extras). But yes, it can be done.