PH9 Picture Adjustment settings

CITY_MANC

I must be the thickest PH9 owner in the world because having had the damn panel for 6 months I've just realised that I cannot access the full picture adjustments menu - and never have been able to:rotfl:

I'm currently outputting V+ through HDMI and cannot access the Component/RGB-in or the colour or tint options - I also have the same problem - although I can access the colour control - if I run it in through Scart.

Have any other PH9 owners encountered this ?

choddo2006

Distinguished Member
No, that's correct. You can't adjust a lot of things when using HDMI and/or RGB over SCART because they're not supposed to be adjusted as there is enough information in the signal for the TV to know exactly what to do.

If it's not right, the hidden service menu can be used to correctly set it up and then the TV figures it out from that.

RayP

I must be the thickest PH9 owner in the world because having had the damn panel for 6 months I've just realised that I cannot access the full picture adjustments menu - and never have been able to:rotfl:

I'm currently outputting V+ through HDMI and cannot access the Component/RGB-in or the colour or tint options - I also have the same problem - although I can access the colour control - if I run it in through Scart.

Have any other PH9 owners encountered this ?

Yo dude!! :D

On my DV79 there is an option to chose between RGB and YUV on the Digital Video option. Choosing YUV dislays the colour/tint options that are hidden when RGB is chosen.

See if your V box has an option to output YUV.

Hope you're keeping well! :smashin:

J80FAB

Does it not say in the instructions what you can & cannot adjust with various inputs.

Surely it points out which settings can be adjusted with component & HDMI connections for example :confused:

RayP

No, that's correct. You can't adjust a lot of things when using HDMI and/or RGB over SCART because they're not supposed to be adjusted as there is enough information in the signal for the TV to know exactly what to do.

If it's not right, the hidden service menu can be used to correctly set it up and then the TV figures it out from that.

How is that hidden menu accessed? I'd like to moderate the colour slightly on Sky fed via a JS-Tech RGB-VGA box. Hopefully it will be possible.

Thanks.

SimonTSM

Similar position with my Fujitsu 42inch 40GS, except the fine adjustment menu's are in service menus for UK models and Fujitsu will not give out the service code (PM me if anyone has them). You only get contrast, drive contast, colour, tint, brightness and sharpness.

40US model has access to these extra settings in the user menu, options such as R G B C M Y adjustments, various filters such as deblocking and comb, white point, tilt, gamma etc. Frustrating!

CITY_MANC

Yo dude!! :D

On my DV79 there is an option to chose between RGB and YUV on the Digital Video option. Choosing YUV dislays the colour/tint options that are hidden when RGB is chosen.

See if your V box has an option to output YUV.

Hope you're keeping well! :smashin:

LOL, a big holler back :rotfl:

A good suggestion Ray but if I get my box to output YUV then It isolates the hdmi output :mad:

Out of interest Ray, what are your settings through HDMI?

They may give me a starting point until I can get my hands on a decent dvd player with HDMI output and a calibration disc:smashin:

RayP

A good suggestion Ray but if I get my box to output YUV then It isolates the hdmi output :mad:

They may give me a starting point until I can get my hands on a decent dvd player with HDMI output and a calibration disc:smashin:

Just about to go to bed but here's what I posted last night on another message. These are using the DVE DVD ... Hope they help.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4390221&postcount=28

Cheers.

J80FAB

According to the instruction manual the Pioneer DV696 can output either RGB or YUV via HDMI.

It's supposed to be a very good player for the price.

CITY_MANC

Thanks for the info fellas:thumbsup:

The pioneer looks a decent player for the price J but with the pound being so strong at the mo I was hoping to get my hands on this OPPO.

Thanks for the settings Ray, I'll let you know how I get on and maybe you can pop down for a coffee to appraise 'em?

RayP

Thanks for the info fellas:thumbsup:

Thanks for the settings Ray, I'll let you know how I get on and maybe you can pop down for a coffee to appraise 'em?

Just say the word. Two sugars please. :hiya:

Cheers.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom