1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PH7-ISCAN-VGA-Problems!

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Claus, Mar 10, 2005.

1. Claus

Claus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I'm still waiting for the terminal cards for my 42PH7 so I'm using the VGA output on the iScan HD+ straight into the VGA input on the PH7.

In some scenes the pictures turns brighter, then it quickly goes down to correctl brightness.

Does anyone know what the problem may be?

Also, I can't seem to get a picture on the screen when I'm sending a DVI signal to the iScan HD+. It works with component. The output is always VGA (component).

Thanks!

Claus

2. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Prob. 2 is easy, the iscan does not output DVI inputs on analogue, it's not allowed to by HDCP. Prob. 1 may be the PHD7 bug, usually only noticeable in the black bars of anamorphic films. They don't do this on DVI you will be glad to know.

3. Claus

Claus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey MAW,

Thanks!
    Bug??? Can you give me some more info on this bug?
    Will it be visible on the component/S-Video/Composite card?

Claus

4. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Not much more to say on the bug, not all screens do it, it was 1st noticed on US versions on s-video. Mine doesn't do it on component, but does on s-video on the same card. It does on VGA with the iscan, but I don't notice with a JS box. It's pretty weird. It definitely does not do it on DVI.