PGR3, the post mortem

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by orange66, Mar 26, 2006.

1. orange66

orange66

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I know content is coming for this title. Also, PGR2 was my fav xbox game by a long way, I gave it more time than any other game.

And yet, something is just wrong with PGR3, and I can't quite put my finger on what it is.

I have some vague theories; the graphics look pretty but too plastic, the cars and locations are too limited, the cars on offer appeal to the worst kind of online players, lack of weather, lack of true next gen graphics once the timer goes and you get to see the car moving etc..

But, looking at my friend list, not one person on it has played this title lately even though they all own it. Looking at the PGR3 threads, even fans of the game have gamer cards that dont show the game played lately.

Can anybody think of just what it is that went wrong with this game? I am about to do something I never thought was a possibility, chopping it in for another game!

2. DarkEntity

DarkEntity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +608
    The main problem of PGR3 is Full Auto, PGR3 is so dull online when you can get fast cars destroy everything and have laugh with Full auto.

There is also the lack of good circuits and the fact that 90% of people all use the same car unless you setup a room and dictate what you want people to drive.

Where is Edinburgh tracks from PGR2?
    where are the super mini's, SUV's and other cars from PGR2?

The update is also supposedly gonna cost?

wtf is that about, do they think people who payed £40 for a game are gonna pay for more cars and tracks when they were probably available in PGR2.

I know im not.

3. bad robot

bad robot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +349
    Hold on a minute i think its fair to say were damn lucky to of even had PGR3 for a launch title. Its obvious it was rushed and the title could have been improved and certainly yes it has its fair share of problems. As for gameplay the online career isnt the best way to enjoy the game particulary as cheating and dirty tatics are common cause for problems. If you get a good room of guys it can still be alot of fun to play and as much fun as any of the current games online.

Why havnt people been playing it much lately well thats maybe something to do with the fact March has been a great month for new games.

I rekon when the update appears then youll see a bit of a resurgance and if its £5 or whatever i havnt a problem in the slightest paying it as im a fan of the series and PGR3 is easily my most played game thus far.

4. Stereo Steve

Stereo Steve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    PGR 3 is the PGR1 for the 360. That was a good but not great game as well. Maybe PGR 4 will address these issues and be a truly next gen game. I've not played PGR3 for a month or so,I must admit. The online experience is not brilliant unless you find a bunch of like minded people.

Personally I'm waiting for Toca as I much preferred Toca 2 to PGR 2.

5. noikz

noikz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    You're honestly comparing Full Auto and PGR3? :eek: A 6/10 kiddy cartoon blaster game with a 9/10 decent racer?

All of the extra content for PGR2 was £4-5 too.

6. Daddy k

Daddy k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,351

yes toca! say its coming to 360! please say, and no not just the emu for the xbox one, we want full on pc port at the very least!

7. bishman

bishman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +174
    He was comparing the online play in them.

I got fed up with PGR3 online very quickly as it was too full of people that didn't know how to race knocking you off. It was the same with PGR2 though, so I wasn't the least bit surprised.

I haven't played full auto yet but I have spent too many hours playing Ridge Racer and that is far more fun than PGR when played online.

8. Markoos

Markoos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    I thought it was rather like the change between Gran Turismo 2 and 3 - absolutely jawdropping graphics, but less content than it's predecessor. It's certainly a great game, but I agree there's something undefinable missing.

9. Scapegoat

Scapegoat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +137
    For me PGR3 is a great game, but less played due to all the new games that people are buying.

Agree that the online career mode can be a bit irritating, but get a decent lobby game going and you can have a good laugh.

Very very good launch title, but will be bettered, possibly by Test Drive Unlimited.

10. ransoman

ransoman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I still play pgr3 and i still think it is brilliant. all of my dream cars in one game!!

11. nick501

nick501

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +782
    yes it has a few problems, but i reckon the fact that it isn't being played so much lately is because of all the new games coming out and the FCC people are having a break.

I am looking forward to the new content and achievements.

12. roberte

roberte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    i think once youve raced burnout revenge the difference in adrenalin packed fun is noticeable, since ive had burnout i dont feel the need to play pgr3 again in fact its going to be ebayed

13. orange66

orange66

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

I wondered that, is it the new titles? In a way, yes, but having said that PGR2 just wiped the floor with most games that came out after it, nothing knocked it off it's perch so to speak. It seems anything can knock PGR3 off the top spot, which points to the game being weak to me.

Also, Bizarre seem to be blind to the criticism. A lot of people told them in the development period to drop this 'nothing under 170' lark, but they ignored that. Also people said forget Gotham TV, it won't set the world on fire, people buy games to play them, not watch them, but did they listen?

I totally agree with the post that said asking us to buy download cars that were in PGR2 from the start is just not on. I expect Bizarre to make good on some of this game without extra charge, we have paid for more than we got already. :lesson:

14. SagaLout

SagaLout

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    I still play PGR3 a fair bit,although the last couple of weeks less so due to GRAW and Burnout.

Its a great game though - personally I like it much better than PGR2 as I got bored having to race the crappy MX5's etc. Single player game is a bit poor, but to be honest I only really got it for online anyway, and I seem to be one of the few peope who really enjoy the online career.

Amazing value for £50 when I think of the hours I've spent playing this since 3rd December.

15. ChrisAllenFiz

ChrisAllenFiz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    A lot of you just seem to want too much. PGR3 is a great game, and there is no need to say have been short changed. If all games were as good as PGR3 then I wouldn`t complain. Just because it doesn`t live up to what is in your head, that is not the devlopers fault.

16. chris1210

chris1210

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    It's not that tho, its the simple fact that the game isn't anywhere near as good as PGR2..

17. Pebb

Pebb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +829
    Guys no one will offer any cars below 170MPH in PGR3, remember the motto is life begins at 170mph. Not like begins at 75MPG.