1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PGR2 How far have you got?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by Stereo Steve, Jan 4, 2004.

1. Stereo Steve

Stereo Steve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I got all on sivler and now going for all on gold to get the Merc. I have all Super car challenges at platinum and even got to position 137 on one of the races. Same page as Riko Ninja! I have also completed all the speed camera challenges at platinum. I think I'm Kudos rank 41 at the mo.

Absolutely loving it too. I reckon I can get all on platinum except the cone challenges so I may try all of those next before spending hours on the races.

One hint is to learn a track inside out and then go through all the classes and do all the races on that track. Works for me.

Brilliant game but I want one of them TVR 12's for live although I've still yet to get beaten by one in my 911GT. I guess 99% of them are action replay jobs.

2. hulkhead

hulkhead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Hi Mate,

as of today this is my PGR2 stats:-

xbox live rank 10 kudos 370,902

single player rank 44 kudos 848,638

silver 23, gold 115, platinum 34.

i cannot do the cone challenges to save my life but am working through and trying to get the platinum races sorted.

On one of the challenges i was rank 75 (that was the other day).

You can check my stats if you want by (in single player) highlight the challenge then select events\scoreboards and then select friends and it compares all you friends kudos for that event.

I'll give you a race sometime - i am a fair racer and do not push other drivers into the barriers just to get past (i hate people who do that) unless it's un-avoidable.....

see you on the starting grid....:smashin:

3. Stereo Steve

Stereo Steve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Hey, I raced you the other night. My tag is Paiger. I don't often talk online as I always play late at night and little people are sleeping nearby.

The key to cone challenges is not to miss a link I find. I nearly got platinum on Ultimate and Classic but messed them both up at the end with one hit cone. The Kudos racks up if you drive fast and clean. I'm going to get them all on gold first to get the merc and then see if I can get the cones on platinum.......

Should keep me busy for a month or so. The races, I find easier to get on platinum, even if you have to try a few times for the fast car to have an 'accident'.

4. hulkhead

hulkhead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    thats right and you beat me!!!! your on my friends list so will keep an eye on so we can have a race at somepoint....

5. Stereo Steve

Stereo Steve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I did? That's a first :clap:

It's funny, some nights you go on live and totally rule and then others, you totally suck. Fine line between quick and in the wall I guess.

6. Desmo

Desmo
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,925
    Any of you guys got your boxes modded? Copy the game to hard disk and then ftp in and play aroun with the car files in the CarDynamics folder. Can change all sorts on each car to affect the engine and handling. You can also rename the car files too. My mate couldn't figure out my Mini was whooping his arse until I told him I'd renamed the 911 GT3 file to Minii.ini :D

7. Stereo Steve

Stereo Steve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Not keen on cheating myself. Takes all the fun out of it and by all accounts destroyed RTCW as an online game. Still, each to their own.

I guess you have to ask which game you are playing. PGR2 or 'Find the latest cheat that gives you an edge'. Don't mean to offend but the pure esscense of skill against skill is what does it for me, even if I lose. Losing to better players is no bad thing but losing to someone who is cheating gets boring after 20 seconds.

8. hulkhead

hulkhead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    am with you on that - whats the point in cheating? Anyway, most of the 'cheats' cannot even handle the 'unlocked' cars (especially the tvr 12 speed). They spend more time bouncing off the barriers....

9. Geezer

Geezer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Another fan of doing things properly here, ive not got too far into PGR2 yet, just havent got the time, got so many games to play :smashin:

10. Desmo

Desmo
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,925
    I didn't mean cheating whilst playing online. I've been an online gamer for many years now and have never used any form of cheat. I just meant to do it as a laugh in single player mode or playing with your mates.

11. Stereo Steve

Stereo Steve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Yeah, I thought you were implying that in your post. Didn't mean to sound like a miserable old git. :smoke:

It's hugely frustrating when you are playing a tense game online and some joker starts running through walls and shooting you etc. At least on line they tend to get a vile torrent of abuse from other players. There was an American guy on the other night who clearly had used action replay to get his TVR and the other yanks in the room gave him such a going over that he eventually had to leave. He couldn't drive the thing anyway and would have been quicker in a Saleen.

By the way, anyone think the fact that the Ford GT is the worst car in Ultimate is a dig at Sega GT 2002? Probly not.

12. Desmo

Desmo
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,925
    After years of playing CS and Kingpin you get to spot the cheaters pretty easily. The thing is, why do they bother when it's so obvious? It's not like most people are sitting back admiring how good they are. Everyone just tells them to stop cheating and bugger off.

13. Stereo Steve

Stereo Steve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Hey, got a couple cone challenges on platinum so it must be possible. The Coupe one is well tough though. I now have all the speed cameras and all the one on ones on platinum.

May try all the hot laps next. Actually raced a guy in a TVR last night who could drive it. Left my 911GT for dead around St Basils circle. The Merc is quick too and I'm confident I can achieve all gold medals to get it. Just a matter of hours in the day really.

14. hulkhead

hulkhead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    finally managed to get gold on all the cone challenges. The merc has been unlocked at long last. :D

Will get a bit of practice with it before taking it onto live though..

:smashin:

15. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +849
    Well if i see you in any of my servers you'll be booted straight away mate. :rolleyes:

Can't stand cheats myself

16. Stereo Steve

Stereo Steve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    The Merc is sweet althoug it only has a n advantage over the GT on some tracks. I prefer it on the Nurburgring as it's handling is friendlier, more like the Enzo so I make less mistakes. If I'm up against a well driven GT1 though, it's tough to keep up.

I'm currently at 70 gold, 102 platinum and just knocking a couple over a day. Doing mainly the races at the mo. The timed runs are tricky but most are possible with work. Really teaches you how to get the best out of a car or track though.

17. hulkhead

hulkhead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    you're doing well mate - i have 59 platinum and the rest are gold. I have stopped the single player for now and will concentrate on the live races - to stop me throwing the gamepad out of the window after hitting a cone on the challenge on the last bend with a huge kudos combo....

catch you on live soon -

18. Stereo Steve

Stereo Steve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I have 58 left to convert and have mainly Hot Laps and Cones to do. The Hot Laps are fairly easy with alot of practice but those cones. Uck. Still not sure if I'll ever do it but I'mjust doing the odd race for fun now and slowly knocking them down. I hate the 4x4's and the American muscle though so don't know if I'll bother converting them.