PG3 Guide - How do you play well!?!

darklord7

Standard Member
I am trying to build up some achievements on PGR3, and find that I am bloody useless at the game! The best I ever seem to get is bronze/silver, but more often than not I find I totally screw up the race!

Is there a guide that I can read that actually tells you how to play well at this game? I am quite good at games, but when it comes to driving I am useless. I don't know how much choosing the right car has to do with it, but the problem there is that I don't know which cars to choose!!

Some help would be appreciated! Cheers!

phunt

Banned
Try a few races in the Ruf Rturbo.I did most of the game in this car.It sticks to the roud quite well but is quick also.Be gentle with the right trigger when powering out of corners.I Usually find with most games (as with most things in life) the more you do something the better you get at it so the moral of the story is "Practice makes perfect" :)

kickinoffapong

Novice Member
I found the Ferrari F355 to be a good car to breeze through most of the Gold/Platinum challenges. Nice controllable car, but quick within its class. Give it a go.
For cone challenges I found that the RUF Supercar Concept was the easiest to use.

nick501

Distinguished Member
yep.... use f355 where possible. i occasionally change to the ford gt aswell for some races.

I also like the Lambo Gallardo for bumpy tracks as it is heavy and stable. It'll serve you well 'dualing' on 'Live' races too.

the more you play you'll find your own favorites as you progress.

I'm currently finishing the last few platinum medals, struggling with cone challenges and 1 last drift challenge.

how the hell do you do cone challenges? I have completed every trophy on gold, apart from the ones that involve cone challenges!! i cant do them on gold never mind platinum, help please

phunt

Banned
michaelT1888 said:
how the hell do you do cone challenges? I have completed every trophy on gold, apart from the ones that involve cone challenges!! i cant do them on gold never mind platinum, help please
I did mine using the quick lamborgini (black one) and use manual gears.Leave it in second gear and just make sure you get through all the gates to keep your multiplyer going.

can you remember the name of the lamborgini and i will give it a go! are you sure you can make it through the cones in time and keep the combo going if you are driving in 2nd gear?

Muffminer

Novice Member
I used a Ferrari F430 for near all gold challenges.

Handles well, and get some kudos when drifting etc.

K

Kycleung

Ditto, I used the F430 for my EASY difficulty challenges and am using at the moment whilst progressing through on MEDIUM difficulty

phunt

Banned
I havnt played PGR for ages so i dont remember the name.Could be the GT.Its only available in black and i think its the dearest lambo.Im posotive you can get the gates in second as like i said this is how i did the cones on gold.:smashin:

W

WillRock

While we're on the subject....how do you do the neverending powerslide (i think) that has it's own medal? I've done some great powerslides but never achieved this. Thanks guys! :confused:

do the very last trophy (eliminator on F1 track) and put it on novice difficilty
and choose the F50 GT, then just slide about the place like a lunatic and you should eventually get a good slide

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom