• Cristiano Ronaldo (Man U)

Votes: 56 78.9%
  • Paul Scholes (Man U)

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters

KevD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PFA player of the year shortlist has been announced.

Drogba & Ronaldo are the expected front runners, with Gerrard, Scoles, Giggs & Fabregas also included.

Who do you think should win? I would have to with Ronaldo, not only is he the most entertaining footballer he has delivered much more this season than he has in the past (and theres been less of the cheating ;) ).

I am suprised Essien didnt make the list as I think he ha been outstanding this season and contributed as much to Chelsea a Drogba in his own area :)

Young player list also announced Rooney, Lennon, Doyle, Richards as well as Ronaldo & Fabregas.

(obviously biased) but Ronaldo or Giggs.

Ronaldo for the reasons KevD said, but Giggs for the fact hes playing brilliantly. Considering his age, he's nearly playing as good as he was in the '99 season.

Giggs is playing well, Drogba's had a very good season but Ronaldo is on another planet this season. If he doesn't pick up Young, Player, European & World gongs this year - there's something very wrong. No-one else is playing even 50% of the standard he is week in, week out.

I would have to go for Stevie G (loyal reds fan) or ronaldo for all the reasons already stated especially the fact he does dive any where near as much as he used to.

It so annoying to see a player with so much skill but they still feel the need to dive all the time, Robben is a prime example he has some great foot work but always looks for a free kick instead of beating the player.

Also i don't understand why carragher is not up for the award he has been outstanding as always this season :(

Skippy

Young player list also announced Rooney, Lennon, Doyle, Richards as well as Ronaldo & Fabregas.

Can you win both, the main award and young? As Ronaldo is best in both catergories.

Anyway, I'm voting Ronaldo! 3x Man Utd players! :clap: :clap: :clap:

I don't understand Gerrards inclusion, should be Essien, and Fabregas has been good this season, one of my faourite players :cool:

Ronaldo has been poles apart from every other this season - he has grown up this year and has been a joy to behold.

I can see CR winning both very easily. He is playing very well and the press love him.

I would like to see Fabregas win the young player though. He is a joy to watch as well.

wrt to the comment about Essien missing - couldn't agree more. I have always been an advocate for more defenders or defensive midfielders in these types of lists.

Examples:
- Makelele was the best player in the world the time he was with Madrid. Was like having an extra man on the pitch.
- Maldini
- Roberto Carlos, probably the most skillful full back of all time, yet won nothing.

I could go on. But these players aren't as 'sexy' as the strikers and attacking midfielders, so their input rarely gets rewarded.

Ronaldo by a country mile.

Drogba has been much better this year for Chelsea and has scored plenty of goals but Ronaldo's consistency, goals from midfield and assists will win him this award. He came back well from a World Cup where everyone thought it would mean the end of his English career.

Young player will probably go to someone different rather than him winning both - Lennon has come on leaps and bounds, Doyle has been a revelation in Reading's tremendous season but I'm going to be biased and go for Micah Richards. Terrific consistency for City and his first full England cap at such a young age. If I had to put money on it though, I think Lennon will get it.

would never pick ronaldo after what he did in the world cup.people forget so easily,he`s just a smarmy cheating wop in my book.

would never pick any of them after what they did in the past .people forget so easily, all just smarmy cheating wops in my book.
Edited to be a little closer to the truth

Unless anyone begs to differ, I cannot exclude any of that list from being less than whiter than white

Also people should get over themselves. Rooney got himself sent off. End. Ronaldo is class, grown as a player and has turned boos to claps. Superlatives have run out. There is only one Christiano Ronaldo

And Gerrard is only there by virtue of his surname :devil:

as a liverpool fan i would love to say gerrard but i cant

i just dont think hes performed at that level this year, in the 2005 season definatly but not this year.

would have liked carragher instead

would never pick ronaldo after what he did in the world cup.people forget so easily,he`s just a smarmy cheating wop in my book.

Steve, I'm always glad to have you on my side, as you know, but that's an ugly word matey, which, (although of no lesser consequence) I believe (wap) is in fact a derogatory term aimed at persons of Italian decent, rather than Portuguese. I know you can get your point across effectively without having to resort to that, as you have done on many occasions!:)

Cheers!

Can you win both, the main award and young? As Ronaldo is best in both catergories.

Anyway, I'm voting Ronaldo! 3x Man Utd players! :clap: :clap: :clap:

I don't understand Gerrards inclusion, should be Essien, and Fabregas has been good this season, one of my faourite players :cool:
yip ronaldo for both catergories :smashin:

Another one here for Ronaldo i'm afraid! :rolleyes:

As much as I like Fabregas and hate Ronaldo have to admit he's been incredible this season so my vote goes for him. Don't think he should be allowed to win both young player and main player of season though. First because he's not that young anymore and secondly because that would surely be wrong? Think should only allowed to be nominated for either one or the other and an upper age limit should be 21 to conform to upper age limit in national youth teams etc.

It always seems to be forward players that get voted or win this, those at the back which i think are just as important get left behind. A good tackle from a defender can stop a goal going in, in a way its very similar to a goal at the other end, and what about the keepers, 2 top notch saves can win you a game.

Friedel! Friedel! USA! USA! USA!

As young player and player of the year are 2 seperate things i think Ronaldo should be able to win them both, which he is.

As much as it pains me to say that Ronaldo deserves the crown, there is no arguing with it. Also, Gerrard definately shouldn't be on the shortlist. As good as he was for the last two seasons, this season he has been below his high standards. He isn't even winning Liverpool's player of the season poll, never mind the premiership. Carragher should definately be up there in my opinion.

I don't even see why the announced other candidates to be honest. He's just been excellent this year, and hopefully will drive United to another treble.

steve tyler said:
he`s just a smarmy cheating wop in my book.

This statement borders on racist imo.

Ronaldo wins my vote but I reckon the fact other Utd players are also in the running will damage his chances so I feel Drogba will win.

Another vote for Ronaldo here too, he has been the best player in the Prem by quite some margin.

I was a little shocked that Gabriel Agbonlahor didn't get a mention on the youth side of things though, the guy has been sterling for us at the Villa this season :D

:eek: Have you had a change of heart.I thought you was Drogba all the way.

Yeah, I was, but in the last 8 weeks or so, Ronaldo has almost single handedly kept United rolling, (starting with the Fulham game away) whereas, Chelsea have spread it around a bit, with Drogba not being especially outstanding in our team.... that's tilted in Ronaldo's favour for me. :)

CFC1 said:
Ronaldo has almost single handedly kept United rolling

He has been top man but credit is due through-out the team.Carrick and Scholes(when not lunging into tackles)have been awesome.JOS has filled in well recently.Heinze is finally showing his best form.Rooney is also hitting his best form(though he never stopped working his nuts off).Ronaldo's consistency has been astonishing though.

I still think the Drog will win it tho':rolleyes: .

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom