1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peugeot 406 loudness switching prob

Discussion in 'ICE, Sat Navs & Dash Cams Forum' started by Ged, Feb 11, 2003.

1. Ged

Ged

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Does anybody know a way to "reset" a Clarion head unit or know how to fix this problem.
    When changing between CD or tuner the loudness switches itself off, not worth buying a new unit though, any ideas?
    Ged.

2. Dave20

Dave20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i doubt resetting would help. to reset the clarions, there is a little push switch, but not knowing which model you have i couldnt say exactly where it is. another way to reset it to unplug it. i would think the problem you have with the loudness is either a fault in the radio, or if it is a "detachable facia" unit, the brass contacts on the back of the facia which connect to the radio sometimes become dirty and give mixed signals to what button is being pressed. a bit of tissue with some "anti static foam clenser" is what we used to clean them. if you manage to get too much clenser on there just wait till it has all dried out before you put it back on the stereo. try cleaning the radio side too.

hopefully this will cure your problem.. :)

3. Dave20

Dave20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    btw if it is a standard 406 radio, make sure you have the code handy before you reset or unplug

4. Ged

Ged

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Thanks, it's the standard factory fit model RM2 so no pins to clean.Will pushing reset require the code as I bought it through a Rover dealer, not too sure if the code they put on the invoice is a real number!

5. Dave20

Dave20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    most of the clarions need the code when reset.. the number on your invoice may or not be the right number, dealers like to lie ;)