• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Peugeot 406 Coupé

F

fullserviceuk

Hoping someone here can help (tried the 406 Coupé forums without much joy). I want to fit an iPod to my car.

I would prefer to keep the factory fitted system ( "4050 JBL" audio system made up of a Philips radio, cassette and 6 CD changer and JBL amp. The CD changer is located in the boot and is connected by a round 8 pin ISO connector. The model number of the changer is 22RC026/65) rather than change system completely.

I also have a cradle on the dash for my Blackberry 8800 so don't want a second cradle.

fascia.jpg

The small screen on the top right displays radio/CD information.

Below that are the heater controls with a digital display.

At the bottom is the cassette player with all the system functions (volume, station pre-sets, etc) which are replicated on a stalk by the steering wheel.

What I want is to (temporarily) disconnect the CD changer in the boot and replace it with my iPod.

This is what normally plugs into the CD changer in the boot.

boot.jpg

Does anyone know of such a sytem? It sounds like a very simple thing to me... a box of tricks that can be plugged into the existing system at one end, and into an iPod at the other.

Thanks in advance.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom