Petition for Mavic Mini.

AussieDrone83

Novice Member
Here is a petition for the introduction of a native waypoint system update for the Mavic mini, to allow mapped automated flight. The plan is to get signatures from all parts of the world. Once at a sufficient level the link for the petition will be forwarded on to DJI.

These things only work by word of mouth, so if you are interested in this concept....please tell your fruends

**** I understand the Mini is a entry level drone, with no avoidance sensors and other features which are usually found on the more expensive drone. Still I would love for DJI to make this a native feature, instead of needing to use 3rd party apps like Dronelink

Sign this baby

SHARE SHARE SHARE

Thanks

nheather

Distinguished Member
If I am understanding this correctly, this is to be able to plan a route on a map and have the drone automatically follow that route.

If that is correct it will be interesting to see how that would align with the UK laws which require that a drone must be kept in line of sight at all times by the pilot or their assistant unless express permission has been granted to operate otherwise.

Of course you could still map out a route that would be within sight of the pilot at all times but I imagine that is not the intent.

Cheers,

Nigel

Last edited:

paulyoung666

Distinguished Member
The sdk has been released and I believe that litchi now supports it which will do what you want 👍

Ringodingo

Standard Member
Dronepilot now supports waypoints on the Mavic mini, its $30 as a one off payment. I purchased a few days ago and it works very well albeit a little complex but there are plenty of YouTube videos to help. Not as slick as the dji software but it works....

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom