Petition against logos

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by bluenose1972, Aug 28, 2006.

1. bluenose1972

bluenose1972

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
  2. leeb

leeb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    That petition has been going since 2002. I signed it ages ago. Nothing much has happened since. If anything I'd say alot of the satellite channels have got worse with logos and text onscreen for long periods of time. :rolleyes:

3. cliveuk

cliveuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    last weekend i was just flicking through the channels and saw that T4 on ch4 had a logo that was nowhere near the top corner of the screen.. looked stupid as i was right in the picture, is it always like that?

4. bluenose1972

bluenose1972

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
  5. neil888

neil888

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi, I have also suffered screen burn, I phoned the bbc complaints dept today about the use of there logo's and red button press logo's (which are definitly worse) the bloke i spoke to seemed a nice enough chap, but it did not seem like this was a big thing and that i was the only one who had complained to them, maybe we all should be on the phone to them and maybe they will have to take notice...

6. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,861
    Hi,

Like others, many "petitions" have been doing the rounds for several years now, in particular the one at Logo Free TV, whose site is here!

Sadly, the people in charge of these channels, (with the odd exception of course), don't care about screen-burn, or the viewers who don't want their TV channels filled with logos and DOG's! All they say is that a) it helps stop pirating of TV shows (Like hell it does!), and b) it's so that viewers can tell what channel they are watching - which in my eyes is the same as labelling all viewers as thicko's! :mad:

Maybe we should get the managing director's of various channels, to have their foreheads stamped with a DOG or their name, and see how they feel?! :rotfl: At least Five did away with their DOG, and look at the channel now - probably one of the classiest and most watchable channels available in the UK! :clap:

Pooch

7. Battle

Battle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,161
    You can get rid of the red button logo by pressing back up on your sky remote (if you have one) I dont know if this works on freeview but I dont see why not

8. Carl Stock

Carl Stock

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    I hate DOGs. But I love my dogs. :D

I believe I have said this before, but these DOGs could be generated quite easily by set-top boxes instead. That goes for Sky, Freeview and cable. If we did not want them, on Sky, then, we could simply use the time-out feature or press Back Up. Yay!

Why don’t broadcasters do this? It’s done with many advertisements – “Press Red now to find out more” on car ads, for example – so why not DOGs? Another example of companies being out of touch.

I’ll sound like a real moaning so-and-so now – I’m only 27! LOL – but there should not be any DOGs on screen at all. End of. Back in the olden days (LOL) – that is, pre-1990s – such graphics probably were not allowed by the then regulator of commercial television, the IBA (ITC and then Ofcom).

Carl