Peter Tyson

Discussion in 'OLED TVs Forum' started by magic073, Nov 24, 2017.

1. magic073

magic073

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Absolutely gutted Peter Tyson’s have just phoned me telling me that my order of the LG E7 has been cancelled due to LG halving there delivery stock.

2. Jase

Jase
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,362
    Bit gutting. :(

Had you received any email updates about stock/delivery before they called you?

3. magic073

magic073

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    No email he said calling customers in person instead or before they sent an email. Offered the B7 for £1350 but really not interested. I nearly didn’t answer thought it was tele sales. Can’t find a better deal either

4. Jase

Jase
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,362
    That's not a bad price for the B7 but I can understand why you'd prefer an E7. Out of curiosity, what day did you place your original E7 order?

5. magic073

magic073

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Saturday 18th 12.40 after I called them. I was waiting on John Lewis to do a price match and they said no. It’s not a bad price at all I probably said yes to the C7 just not a fan on the stand. So sad right now. I don’t know if to wait until spring see what happens

6. GrandmasterD

GrandmasterD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Gutted for you as well, didn't know they could do that?

Why did JL say no to the PM? They said no to me at first for a PM on Reliant Direct but I gave them as much info as I could and they have PM to £1999 now so with the LG Cashback should get the set for £1499, is that what you paid for a Peter Tyson?

7. lgans316

lgans316
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,846
    Mate,

Look at things the philosophical way. Everything in your life happens for a reason. Maybe this potentially saved you from experiencing a potential hassle. I am sure you will find another one as the price will continue to drop. :)

8. rchta455

rchta455

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46
    Bad news mate. I agree with the sentiment above, however, if this happens with my Crampton and Moore order I’ll go ballistic....

9. magic073

magic073

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    I didn’t know they could do that maybe LG worming there way out I don’t know. By the time JL said out of stock so I rang Peter Tyson they said I can still order they have 150 E7’s coming in from LG. So ordered it at £1499. The best price I’ve seen is 2k and that’s with 500 back

10. madfiddler

madfiddler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    Sorry to hear that mate.

Hmmm. But Don't know what to think now about my own order. I ordered around the same time last saturday.

At the time without thinking about it I paid via PayPal instead of directly credit card. 10 mins later I was kicking myself as I realised this means I paid straight away, and if I had used their credit card option I would not be charged until the tv was dispatched. Now having heard this I am wondering if I am one of the lucky ones getting a to from their limited stock refresh as they already took my money?!

I had an email on Tuesday saying stock would be due this weekend and then they would contact me about delivery. I emailed them Wednesday to check what was going on with the LG cashback promo and I've not heard anything since. Fingers crossed!

11. magic073

magic073

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Hopefully you are one of the lucky ones mate. I hope you get it. There will be about 70 ppl not getting there E7 from Peter Jackson due to LG. I feel bad for them aswel oh well what can I do.

12. madfiddler

madfiddler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    Literally RAOTFL,!!!! Peter Jackson [emoji23]

13. staffy 2

staffy 2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +387
    Oh no I’m with Peter Tyson but ordered Friday night,I’ve had two emails and the last one said deliveries are late but rest assured my 1499 price is guaranteed so hopefully I’ll get one but nervous now and perhaps using PayPal like I did aswell may help as they get the money straight away so more hassle to cancel your order

14. madfiddler

madfiddler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    I just had the call [emoji25][emoji25][emoji25]

Thankfully for PT I already knew what was going on and appreciated LG hadn't delivered what they promised to them. Decided to keep the deal in place and wait. They also agreed to cancel the PayPal payment for now as I was bothered I'd be 1499 out of pocket for an indeterminate amount of time. Apparently PayPal do not release funds to them until they dispatch even though PayPal take the money from the buyer immediately (probably shouldn't be surprised at that but I was a little and I'm certainly not lining PayPals coffers at my expense!)

I was offered the 55" B7 at 1399 but that seems about the going rate now, so isn't much of a deal. If I had gone to the model below I'd be looking at C7 anyway from an aesthetics point of view.

If I have to wait too long and prices continue to drop I suppose I can cancel altogether and go elsewhere, but even with the LG cash back (which I'm nervous about given the T&Cs) I doubt we'll see this low price for the E7 again

Oh and apparently I was 90 something in the queue, the first 75 are getting the TVs they expect as PT were expecting 150 which would have given them some stock to play with but they only received 75

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
  15. staffy 2

staffy 2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +387
    Oh no I hope they don’t cancel mine but I’ve a feeling they will.What day and time did you order, I did it at 1.40am Saturday morning after deliberating all night Friday into the early hours Saturday

16. magic073

magic073

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Gutted for you mate that’s crap news. I said to PT I would wait, but if they get more stock in of the E7 I can’t see them giving it to us for the price we paid £1499. I feel like LG have done this on purpose. I don’t think LG ever aimed to sell it this cheap. The C7 was the model I originally wanted then the E7 hit the amazing price. So I refuse to pay £1400 for it and there’s no chance I will pay more than £1499 for E7.

17. madfiddler

madfiddler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    But there are other retailers who sold at that price last weekend too, and my order says 1499 on it. At no point did PT say the price will increase and they were happy for me to wait if I wanted to do that. PT have also stated that preorder price would remain when they didn't know exactly when stock would come in anyway. They just knew they been promised a certain number of units. Given that they were offering the B7 as an alternative to customers after the cock up, I wonder if they were sent more stock of that than they really required instead of the E7

I am totally speculating here, but my gut feeling is that when LG allowed retailers the opportunity to offer instant cash back to customers by offering the cash to the retailer ahead of the Dec 16th, that being the date the customer could claim the same after buying from larger retailers, that they thought they would likely only sell a few more sets and not the volume they actually did. They were likely not thinking they would upset JL in particular too. This all seems to have backfired on LG even though they've shifted a lot of units. So part of me wouldn't at all be surprised if this is an accounting thing and miraculously the small retailers will get more stock on or around 16th Dec....I can hope anyway.

18. madfiddler

madfiddler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    2.40pm on Saturday. You might get lucky, but I suspect it's taking PT a while to work through the mess and would not be surprised if they were still in "discussion" with LG

19. madfiddler

madfiddler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    Just to add, if you are interested in either the Panasonic 952 or the Sony A1 alternatives it is worth ruining up PT and having a chat with them to see what price they can offer versus the prices on the web site right now. I decided to wait and stick with the LG E7 though

20. staffy 2

staffy 2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +387
    Yes I’m expecting a call tomorrow.How do I stand as i had an email stating there stock was late but guaranteed that my 1499 price was safe until they get more stock they promised me I’d get one so can I hold them to that.
    If they do cancel mine I’ll never pay a higher price again and think I may stay with lcd as been happy with my Sony KDL 40 2000X tv for 12 years now so I may go with a Sony 55 9005 for around £1000 and sod LG

21. staffy 2

staffy 2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +387
    Dear Customer,

Just to let you know we have just been informed that our scheduled LG delivery has been slightly delayed until next week.

You may be aware of the overwhelming success of this deal and sadly we have not been able to secure as many TV sets as we had hoped but we can assure you that you are still guaranteed to get this TV at this price and as soon as they arrive with us we will contact you to arrange a suitable delivery day.

We apologise for this delay and thank you for your patience.

Kind Regards

Web Admin Team

Tel: +44 (0)1228 546756 | e-mail: [email protected]
    Peter Tyson, Shaddongate, Carlisle, CA2 5TU
    http://www.petertyson.co.uk

22. staffy 2

staffy 2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +387
    Do you think I’m safe as I don’t mind waiting even until after Christmas

23. magic073

magic073

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Yeah I said I will wait. Not interested in the others if I’m honest Sony is nice but way more expensive and heard the android is pretty buggy. PT stock is due Wednesday so guess we’ll see the stock levels maybe find out when the next delivery will be after that I don’t mind waiting because like you previously said I can’t see the price been any lower than £1499.

24. madfiddler

madfiddler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    They haven't cancelled anything for me, they just rang to say I won't be getting my hands on the stock due in (which is less than expected) and they aren't sure when next stock will come along

Form your other post I reckon if they told you stock was Tuesday your in the lucky boat of being one of the 75 to get allocated first. But if you aren't sure ring them. We can't tell you really only PT can

25. staffy 2

staffy 2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +387
    It’s ok I don’t mind the wait but got everything set up ready and have a nice tv riser to lift the tv above my sound bar which won’t be seen and it’s clear glass bit sits behind my sound bar and tv stand covers it with an inch either side so hopefully I get one for Christmas

26. madfiddler

madfiddler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    Why bother with a sound bar if you're going for E7 over B/C7?

27. staffy 2

staffy 2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +387
    Because ive had my lovely Denon sound bar and sub for 7 years now and it awesome it shakes my sofa when watching films and it comes from behind me at times with sound effects like rain and flying bullets i even look behind me and the sound on the E7 would never match it.
    The E7 hasn’t got a sound bar it’s just forward firing speakers that sound better on the 55 but the 65 has 20 more watts of ooomph.
    I like using tv speakers for news and general viewing but also I just love the design of the E7.
    My old Sony 40 2000X tv has fantastic built in sound it has five speakers down each side and good speakers as the tv is 7 or 8 inches thick so I’ve heard an E7 and it sounded good for general viewing but no tv can match a top end sound bar say £500 and above although cheaters ones are good and mine was £699 all those years ago and worth every penny.Hey my tv was £2000 12 years ago as was top 1080p tv when released

28. staffy 2

staffy 2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +387
    Sorry cheaper not cheater haha

29. Higgo

Higgo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    I ordered mine at ~11:30pm Fri 17th and have had the same email.

Any updates?

30. staffy 2

staffy 2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +387
    Not heard a thing but that’s good news as hopefully means I’m going to get one at £1499 and don’t mind waiting at that price but hope it’s here for Christmas.
    LG have been very crafty not honouring all the orders and stock will flood in when the cash back offer date is up.
    If I don’t get an E7 I won’t buy off LG now on principle and I’ll try a Sony 55 XE93 lcd tv as heard they are very good.Can someone please tell me with the that Sony above only having two hdmi at 60p is that just for 60 frames per second content like games consoles so would sky be ok in the 30p hdmi