Peter Tyson - any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

magicmushrooms

I'm not sure if I'm posting in the correct place however I am looking for forum members who have used Peter Tyson.co.uk.

What were your experiences of Peter Tyson.co.uk? Were they are reliable? Do they have a good reputation? What are they like if you have a problem with something you have purchased from them?

any help is gratefully recieved :thumbsup:

Hi,

I used Peter Tyson because they were the cheapest I could find on the internet.

However cheap does NOT mean poor service with these guys, they always answered the phone, called me before shipping anything and items turns up on time.

I was very impressed with them

I have not had any faulty goods from them so I can't comment on the returns policy, but so far so good!

i bought speakers from them, a mix up at the suppliers end meant the wrong ones were sent, but a quick call and they were picked up and replaced with the correct ones next day!

overall everything was fine, i would certainly use them again. :thumbsup:

Bought a Yamaha DVD player from them, arrived soon as, with the promised region hack enclosed, I would definitely recommend them, seem to be the cheapest as well. :smashin:

i bought my denon 1906 from them, specified a wednesday delivery (ordered on the saturday before), and it turned up 9ish wednesday morning. needless to say i will be using them again

These guys are my local dealers and are top notch guys, and have quite a high end shop (s) in Carlisle with some top gear, workshop etc…buy with confidence.

I bought a DVD player from them. Turned out to have a fault, no quibble full refund given :smashin:

Second what DeafPhil said, good price and excellent service.

I'll add this though: They informed me about the Multi Region upgrade not being available when I bought my Denon 1920, but said they would forward it on when they received it from Denon. A week later, a phone call saying it was in stock now and the had posted it out to me. Now that is good service - I would have been happy with just the disc in the post, but a phone call as well to say it was coming was well over and above. Quite a little thing, but it gives me confidence in them - and they will be the first place I go when I upgrade my amp.

rooo said:

I'll add this though: They informed me about the Multi Region upgrade not being available when I bought my Denon 1920, but said they would forward it on. A week later, a phone call saying it was in stock now and the had posted it out to me. Now that is good service - I would have been happy with just the disc in the post, but a phone call as well to say it was coming was well over and above. Quite a little thing, but it gives me confidence in them - and they will be the first place I go when I upgrade my amp.
Exactly the same with me - phone call from them today to say the MR update was in the post.

Always been very helpful and professional when talking to them on the phone.

I will definitely be considering them if I'm ever after anything else.

I have bought some HiFi equipment from Tysons and the service was first class. One of the speakers had a duff driver, I took it into the shop and a few minutes later I had a new set of speakers.

On the downside I bought a Loewe TV which had a fault and the expereince was a complete nightmare :thumbsdow

rooo said:

I'll add this though: They informed me about the Multi Region upgrade not being available when I bought my Denon 1920, but said they would forward it on when they received it from Denon. A week later, a phone call saying it was in stock now and the had posted it out to me. Now that is good service - I would have been happy with just the disc in the post, but a phone call as well to say it was coming was well over and above. Quite a little thing, but it gives me confidence in them - and they will be the first place I go when I upgrade my amp.

They did exactly the same for me. Brilliant service.

One of the best company's I have ever dealt with

:smashin: :smashin: :smashin: :smashin: :smashin:

Bought speakers off them, they rang me to say they have not got it in stock in a particlar finnish but guaranteed next week delivery. They rang me the following week to arrange next day delivery, so excllent customer service overall.

Take that as a no then?? :D

PeterTyson.co.uk added to my bookmarks.
This retailer seems to definitely get the thumbs up.
:smashin:

Some good praise there for Tyson's and it's good that they do offer support, which some online retailers do not do.

Also remember that there are many other internet dealers and shops who also offer great service!

Superb company. I purchased most of my kit from them back in March and their advice on products, the delivery of my order and their after sales service were second to none.

I will definitely use them again in the future.

I bought my Denon 3805 and 3910 from them last year and have no complaints...they have even sent out a couple of firmware upgrade disc for the 3910 at no cost.

Highly recommended and would use them again.

Cheers, Lee

bought a optimum av stand from them wife complained about a chip on the glass received a new complete av stand so now have 2, also bought my 3805 from them when you could still get it on mail order, had a problem with the remote phoned them and received replacement the next day found there service to be first class

they are excellent, they hooked up all my av stuff i bought from them, gave me a discount, threw in quality cabling and they also helped with plugging in my new dvd player when i bought it from another store!

great local business spreading its wings

Thanks for all of your recommendations and I am nearly ready to take the plunge and use Peter Tyson, thanks to your advice.

I have just purchased a yamaha av63 package and am awaiting delivery on tuesday next week... so far so good! web site is quick and easy to use and very clear information.. I will post again to let you know how delivery goes!!! By all other accounts should be smoother than a cashmier... you know the rest..

They're my local shop and I've always had excellent service over the last 25+ years - although I would echo a previous comment that my only problem item was a Loewe TV which was bloody useless and never really did get sorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom