Peter Sallis R.I.P.

It's sad but not tragic, 96 is pretty good and better than most.

Last of the first cast and the longest run with Brian Wilde and Bill Own of the trio which was the probably the best know of The Last of the Summer Wine, and was there at the end in all 295 episodes. In the latter ones seem frail and made more of guest appearances rather than being part of the main story line.
Although you would not credit it from his roles as Clegg and voice of Wallace I have seen him play villains.

R.I.P. Peter

I used to enjoy that series, until they decided to invite the world and his wife to appear on it. I knew he was getting on, but didn't think he was 96. RIP.

RIP
DBk5hAzUAAAKZZi.jpg

I used to enjoy that series, until they decided to invite the world and his wife to appear on it. I knew he was getting on, but didn't think he was 96. RIP.
I liked it till it got fragmented when it was not round the main three who ever they were, but did enjoy seeing a some of the others, like Stephen Lewis (Smiler), Burt Kwouk(Entwistle), Brian Murphy, Keith Clifford when he thought he was Robin Hood type and the 2 coppers.

BTW Peter on in The Avengers right now on True Entertainment channel.

In the latter ones seem frail and made more of guest appearances rather than being part of the main story line.
Although you would not credit it from his roles as Clegg and voice of Wallace I have seen him play villains.

R.I.P. Peter

Unfortunately he was largely blind for many years before his passing.

Bri

Remember Peter from a few horrors movies The Curse of the Werewolf[ being one of them & The Last of the Summer Wine was a regular watch in our house when i was younger, but i guess he will be best remembered for his Wallace RIP Sir.

He was also in an episode The Persuaders! the The Long Goodbye.

Last edited:
Remember Peter from a few horrors movies The Curse of the Werewolf[ being one of them & The Last of the Summer Wine was a regular watch in our house when i was younger, but i guess he will be best remembered for his Wallace RIP Sir.

He was also in an episode The Persuaders! the The Long Goodbye.

Valerie Leon there as the space queen (was a Bond girl in two of the films albeit different franchise), and Leo Genn.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom