• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Peter Greenaway's - The Cook, The Thief, His Wife and Her Lover

The Limey

Well here is a surprise - one of Peter Greenaway's most notorious and highly rated flicks is now available on Blu-ray in Mexico. I guess the film is not to everyone's taste though :)

Mixup Music Store

BrianPK

Prominent Member
I guess the film is not to everyone's taste though :)

I was fairly shook after viewing this film years ago (especially the ending)and as it was getting late I went to cook a late night snack. I made a big mistake of grilling a few sausages and my stomach simply revolted at the memory of the film ending and had to bin my meal as I was so put off cooked food. :D

The Limey

I was fairly shook after viewing this film years ago (especially the ending)and as it was getting late I went to cook a late night snack. I made a big mistake of grilling a few sausages and my stomach simply revolted at the memory of the film ending and had to bin my meal as I was so put off cooked food. :D

Ha ha could you have chosen an any more inappropriate food to watch this film with? :D Anyway I have gone ahead and pulled the trigger on this one. All in to the UK it is just over £25. Hotdogs WON'T be on the menu when watching this!

Last edited:

Dubliner1

Prominent Member
Well here is a surprise - one of Peter Greenaway's most notorious and highly rated flicks is now available on Blu-ray in Mexico. I guess the film is not to everyone's taste though :)

Mixup Music Store

Another Greenaway bluray is being release next week in the UK- 'Pillow Book'.

Karlin

Distinguished Member
Seen it at the cinema! Loved it as it seemed very lush although it's effect is scaled down massively on VHS and DVD. I'm tempted by the Blu-ray for sure although it's not the sort of film I'd watch yearly. It's -oddly- maybe the most accessible of Greenaway's films, at least for me. His The Pillow Book is due out next week on Blu-ray in the UK and we already have A Zed & Two Noughts I didn't like The Pillow Book but liked A Zed & Two Noughts (not seen it in 5 years mind you).

42277384.jpg

http://www.mondo-digital.com/babymacon.html

Didn't like that at all. Again, not seen it in years so I'd go for the Blu-ray for a fresh look.

Look forward to your comments on the The Cook, The Thief, His Wife and Her Lover Blu-ray!

brian s

Distinguished Member
I have the Laserdisc but I wouldn't upgrade. I'd be interested in a BD of The Draughtsman's Contract though.

:smashin:
Bri

tele1962

Distinguished Member
Sorry lads and i know everybody has different tastes but TCTTHWAHL :eek: this film has got to be the just about worst self indulgent clap trap i have ever had the misfortune to sit through.:D IMHO.:thumbsdow

Dubliner1

Prominent Member
I think 'Belly Of An Architect' is also available on bluray somewhere.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom