1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pesky remote codes for cr80

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by daffy, Apr 19, 2005.

Tags:
  1. daffy

daffy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know the code to set up the Pioneer dbr-tf100 Freeview box on the cr80?

I have searched this site and the net, to no avail. Surely this must be a fairly common set top box? will the search facility work (it hasn't so far, and it feels like I have been there hours).

I don't fancy going through learning all of the remote - from what I can gather there aren't enough learning 'spaces' on the cr80 anyway.

cheers - would appreciate any help

2. Shaggybert

Shaggybert

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    When I spoke to someone at arcam recently, I was told that the software for the CR80 has not been updated for years.

As Freeview is relatively new, I doubt if it can be programmed for any Freeview boxes.

If anyone knows any different, I would be glad to hear it.

3. daffy

daffy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just had a very similar reply from Arcam.

They did say they were 'looking at updating' the codes, but didn't know whether existing users would benefit from this update.

I am intrigued by the connector on the back of the remote, tho'. It must be good for something...

4. brendank

brendank

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    never noticed the connector till u mentioned it

now im intrigued, they look like ir transmittors/receivers thingies

5. Crespotav

Crespotav
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have found this at http://www.remotecentral.com/152133/index7.htm
    "
    The latest techie craze with UEI remote controls is called “JP1”. JP1 is a 6-pin connector found on most UEI remotes, normally used for factory testing and upgrades. Through a lot of hard work, several UEI remote control owners have discovered how to connect to this interface through a personal computer and re-program the remote at a far deeper level.

In the case of the 15-2133, although it is JP1 compatible there is no JP1 connector on-board – pins first have to be soldered onto an internal circuit board (consequently voiding any warranty), something that’s simply not recommended for anyone not already into this sort of thing. Eventually it’s possible to do all sorts of things to the remote – back it up to a computer, upgrade the database, add new codes, program much more sophisticated macros, and more.

The problem is that this is still very much a “hobby grade” procedure, decidedly not supported by UEI. Perhaps, in the future, UEI will realize what a valuable asset they could cultivate here – really inexpensive computer programmable remotes!
    "

ARCAM's comments are welcome!