1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pesky Problems With Hitachi Tx100

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by bluesteel, Sep 30, 2004.

1. bluesteel

bluesteel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    HI
    apologies if this is a no brainer but i currently have my system hooked up through a trilogy 1 box outputting a component signal using a scart to 4 pin rca lead
    i have bought a component to component lead to utilise the prog scan facility of my new dvd player..................
    heres where it gets odd
    the new lead supplied is a 3 plug to 3 plug
    will this work with my projector which has a 4 plug (red, blue, green and another labelled video)
    i have also bough leads for my xbox and gamecube that have 3 rca plugs too
    how do i set the puppy up
    any ideas

2. CrackDown

CrackDown

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    The red green and blue connectors on your component cable go in the red green and blue sockets in the projector (yes it is that easy). The video socket is for composite video cable, a separate thing which you won't need unless you're gonna hook up multiple video devices directly to the projector.

3. AMc

AMc
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,096
    The SCART to 4 pin adapter allows you to send an RGBs SCART input to the projector using composite (yellow socket) to send a synch input in addition to the Red, Green and Blue signals.
    Progressive scan component doesn't need an additional Synch input so it only needs 3 wires.

You will need to connect the 3 leads directly to the 3 component sockets on the back of the DVD player to take advantage of progressive scan component.
    If you're DVD player doesn't have those sockets then RGBs from SCART is what you'll have to use.

I have my DVD player set up using RGBs and I bought two very long audio leads as long 4 way video leads were hard to find and very expensive.
    The advantage of using RBGs from SCART is that I can feed my Tivo, Playstation2 and DVD with a switchbox and get a great picture from them all without using an external convertor.