PES6 on PC: jerky scrolling

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Rigs' started by 3T3L1, Dec 26, 2006.

1. 3T3L1

3T3L1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +104
    Just discovered through these forums that you can buy PES6 for the PC - had been blissfully unaware of it's existance all of this time...!

Been out to PC World today and got the game (and an XBox pad - cheers for the suggestion below)...installed the game...and the scrolling is a bit jerky.

Not unplayably jerky...just a bit shaky, especially in the midfield when there's a load of players on screen at once.

I think the major culprit may be my monitor (it's a basic 19'' one from Dell and I reckon it might be the refresh rate - have a feeling its 19ms but may be wrong) but has anyone else seen this problem and rectified it?

I'm running a Dell 5150, dual core 2.8 Ghz Pentium, 2 Gig Ram, Radeon XS600 graphics card (with the updated drivers dated 13th Dec 06) on the above monitor. Game is running at 12whatever by 1080 on high quality - this has not been a problem, and I've tried running at lower resolutions and lower quality. In some cases, this has made it worse as the game runs faster and the jerkyness increases...which is what makes me think it's the monitor. Having said that, the graphics card isn't officially supported as well...which is another possibility. There appears to be no patches or simple answers located on Google either.

Any help or suggestions very gratefully received!

2. Newbie1001

Newbie1001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    Can you confirm the machine model number and graphic card type. The only cards i can see on a 5150 is a X300 which is definatley not a gaming card.Is the graphics onboard

3. 3T3L1

3T3L1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +104
    Am at work so can't directly check but 99.99% sure I'm right.

It's running MCE as well if that helps.

I've also found a PES6 forum: a number of people have experienced this and there are a few suggestions to help but no 100% fixable answer.

Following suggestions on this forum it's much more playable, though still a bit annoying.

Konami haven't released a patch as yet to fix it or bring in more support for different graphics cards...very poor if you ask me!

4. sTaD

sTaD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    you need to download the no-cd patch.
    this will defo fix the issue :)

5. booyaka

booyaka

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,541
    spot on works perfect for me since doing this.

However - i will point out that you must first own a original copy of this game and that i am not condoning any form of piracy etc but the no-cd patch does indeed solve the glitching problems that occur at the start of the games in PES6.