PES5 online problems - Help!

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by VILLAn66, Oct 25, 2005.

1. VILLAn66

VILLAn66

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Just wondering if anyone else has experienced the same problems as me trying to play PES5 online.

Basically, when selecting a network game, it goes through the DNAS connection, says 'connected' but then sticks on the message 'Testing network connection'. I've left it on that screen for at least an hour but I eventually have to reboot.
    Originally, I had an port error at this point but I rectified that (I think) by specifying port forwarding on my router config.

I have a Netgear wireless setup and can connect to Central Station without a problem - green lights everywhere!

Can anyone help ?! :lease:

** Mods ** Move this to the Pro Evo forum if u think it best fits there. Thanks.

2. Mickus

Mickus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +332
    Have you tried running a connection test from PES5's Network Setting Menu? It might give you some diagnostic information?

3. VILLAn66

VILLAn66

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Sorted. :clap:

I changed the UDP port config from automatic to a defined port number. When I matched this port number with the one specified in port forwarding on the router... hey presto!

I don't really understand why this didn't work before as I matched up port forwarding to the original failing UDP port message.

I'm sure if I think about it for bit I could come up with the answer, but as it's now working, who gives a fig.

4. Mickus

Mickus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +332
    Glad you hear you're up and running. :smashin: