1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PES4 - online AV Cup ?

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by monkeyleader, Oct 26, 2004.

1. monkeyleader

monkeyleader

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
    Hey all,

So Im sure like me you just can't wait for PES4 on the xbox - I know there are a lot of PES4 champs out there [ :hiya: LFC Fan] and i was just wondering are we planning on setting up some kinda tournament when the game finally launches ? The AV Fourms World Champs :)

2. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    Yeah i'd be up for a tournament when we get the game, i need to get a Dreambox converter, so i can use my ps2 pad because the xbox pad is no good for me.

Anyone else that loves the ps2 pad for evo here is a Link good thing with this one is you can use your headset.

3. SnowTuco

SnowTuco
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'd be up for for playing some of you guys on here.

I was one of the PES3 grand finalist's at stamford bridge last August.

4. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    Ok well we'll pass on playing you then. :laugh:

5. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm up for it...be gentle though, I use West London Whites...(Fulham to anybody else...) :rolleyes:

6. Munkey Boy

Munkey Boy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,339
    I'll be around to embarrass myself...

Anyone know if there's built in support for tournaments or will we have to knock it up ourselves?

7. SnowTuco

SnowTuco
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Looks at the moment you will probably have to knock the comps up yourself, details are sketchy at best. There is quite a pro evolution community out there all gearing up for X-box live, take a look at PESFAN.COM. I find that the best place for the lates PES info.

8. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,827
    Sounds good to me - I think a cup is the best way to go for now as people tend to not bother with leagues and drop out if they are not doing well.

THE AVF CUP WILL BE MINE!! :D - if we have a PES3 finalist playing that'll be superb, I guess the only way to improve is to learn from the best.

9. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    Ok you can play him in the 1st round. :D i aint scared of him honest. :rolleyes:

Wonder if this will have stats online? i hope not because games get ruined with all the stat whores.

10. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,827
    hehe there's only one stat that interests me LFC Fan 10-0 to the EN-GER-LAND! Although stats can be useful for seeing how a person plays.

Actually, whoever pics the groups - please make sure i'm not in SnowTuco's half of the draw :D

11. Munkey Boy

Munkey Boy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,339
    I've seen a pic of an online rankings page for sure.

12. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +849

Looks like I will be doing a lot of teaching then! :laugh:

Count me in lads! :thumbsup: :beer:

13. o THE CHAD o

o THE CHAD o

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +83
    ill have some of that!!:thumbsup:

i love me pes4 and i smugly thought i was tasty at it until i saw some of the goals on pesfan,some of them were on level6 ***!!!!:eek:

ive only played on level 3:blush:

ill see how i get on with the xbox pad before getting an adaptor,as i found eif very easy to play and i imagine its a similar pad layout.

cant wait :clap:

so when we play eachother,is going to be random teams and you get what your given,or 3 random button pushes or what?:confused:

14. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    I'd say just pick who you want :smashin:
    Do you guys want me to sort this cup out? if so we'll give it time to get everyone that wants to play to post in here. then i'll sort the first round matchs out.

15. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,827
    Interesting one that - you could just let everyone play with their fave team or have say 32 teams (if that's how many people we're having) and then everyone has a go at playing with each of the selected 32 teams. I guess the pick your fave team is probably the best option, although there will probably be shed loads of French teams kicking about.

Yeah you sort out the 1st round LFC Fan - how about a group stage (8 groups of 4) for the 1st round with 1/4's, semi's & final after that. That's if there's 32 people who may be up for it - may have to look at 16 teams.

Just had a bash at the International Cup on 6 stars - Sailed through the group stages with wins against Poland and Argentina and a draw against Wales, then beat Morocco, but got beat in extra time against Cameroon in the quarters baaa! It's a superb game on 6 Stars though, the AI is fantastic and it's a good challenge, and practice for the real thing :thumbsup: .

16. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    just let everyone pick who they want, if both want france just use the home & away kits. it does'nt really matter it just for a laugh this anyway.

I've also been training on 6* for when i meet you boys on live :D and to be fair i win nearly every game on 6* :devil: saying that playing a real person is always harder than the com.

So come on guys get your names down if you want the chance to play the pro evo finalist, or the wannabe champ gthom. :laugh:

17. o THE CHAD o

o THE CHAD o

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +83
    im scared now:eek:

all this talk of 6* has **** me right up :D

looks like im gonna get a right spanking!

18. monkeyleader

monkeyleader

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
    Check out my post on FIFA2005 As I thought the game play aint up to PES just yet but the online side of things is very very good - PES4 needs to be as good as this or I'll be a tad upset .. Roll on the AVF Cup ...

19. Lunar Humps

Lunar Humps

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I'm not much of a player - spent a lot of the last year playing PES3 and never got that good at it. My mate Ollie, a Pro Evo disciple, had the better of me on most occasions. However, I must emphasize the 'most', because the genius of Pro Evo, the number one reason it's the real Bisto, is that a novice will always have a chance against a ringer.

I've been beat by a guy who had no interest in football, who plays platformers and Zelda exclusively, and is Scottish. First game he beat me 1-0, a 25yd screamer midway thru the second half :eek: My game just never got going.

Because giant-killing is so possible, I think this game, in Europe at least, will be the biggest online game for years to come. No more groups of spotty kids fragging newbies all night long because they know the maps/weapons better than their own mothers.

Ive read an early, pretty scant Xbox review on totalgames.net which says there's 'online leagues' but makes no mention of cup stuff.

All this talking spank about 6* don't scare me. There is always a chance....

20. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    I fully agree with you, i play 6* on this and my bro has problems on 3 star. :blush: but he has beat me a few times by the odd goal. so there is always a chance as you say. sometimes i have all the play but just can't put the darn ball in the net.

21. Lunar Humps

Lunar Humps

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    You wouldnt believe the Xbox purchasing frenzy round my way due to Pro Evo online. Before, it was one guy being invaded by seven others for a drunken round robin. Now him, and others are all Xbox owners. Sony must be raging. :mad:

22. SnowTuco

SnowTuco
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Valid point, I did very well last year with PES3, not sure I'm as good at PES4, I'm not quite as solid defensively in this new version. The tournament I entered last year was organised through PESLEAGUE.CO.UK obviously with it not being online you had to turn up to regional heats in order to get to the Finals. Offically i'm one of the top 40 players in the UK. Won an X_box out of it and got a free copy of PES4 a few days before the release date, which was nice. I think X-box live will alter this somewhat as I'm sure there are lots of top players who have never taken part in any organised comps. I'm certainly looking forward to playing some of you.

With all these X-box live PES4 tournaments to play, Football Manger 2005 out on November the 5th, and Halo 2 coming soon to, i'm sure to be getting into trouble with my girlfriend.

I only found these forums a little while ago, as I needed to buy a new TV so that I could have a dedicated, PS2\X-box TV. New TV arrives saturday. I wonder how many other PES4 online comps will spring up.

23. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +731
    Put me down for the tourny on one condition, SnowTuco has to play as Ivory Coast :devil:

24. Sinzer

Sinzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,107
    Hehe, never ever guage your online playing by how well you can play against an AI. AI's even at tough settings are easy to fall into loops, online play is all about predicting your opponent, playing against the same AI makes it easy :)

Playing against a human is very unpredictable.

25. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,827
    True, although 6* on PES4 is very good and plays as much like a human as i've seen in any other game so far. It's very unpredictable, especially when attacking and in the same situation it rarely sticks to the same action. One time it may choose to pass back whilst another it may do a twirl & then sprint by your right back!

You are right in that it'll never replace playing human opponents, however the higher up the levels you go, the more skills & techniques you must learn to overcome the opposition. These can then be taken into your games against humans to add more ammunition to your arsenal!(hehe pun intended :rolleyes: )

26. hulkhead

hulkhead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    count me in! Although i may be the whipping boy of the league....

27. o THE CHAD o

o THE CHAD o

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +83
    ive been playing it on 6* today and i have to say it wasnt as hard as i thought,played 3 games and only lost 1 game.that was 1nil and a defensive error doh!

every game i had more shots on goal and probably more of the possession.and it was more of a game,very enjoyable.

28. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,827
    Indeed 6* is great fun! I must say, i've never played the CPU much on other versions as I always found it boring, but 6* PES4 actually gives a decent game.

29. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +849
    Or Scotland! :D :rotfl:

30. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings: