1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PES4 - Masters League

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by fox_bat_72, Oct 22, 2004.

1. fox_bat_72

fox_bat_72

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello PES Fans

Can somebody please explain how the masters League is structurred in PES4.

I dont own any console at the moment, because I am waiting for November 1st, when the new slimline PS2 hits the shops.

I have played all the previous versions of Pro Evo on the PS1 & PS2. And i am definatly going to be getting Pro Evo 4 next week but i just wondered what the new structured masters league is like.

I am trying to find a website that explains the structure of the masters league, anyway I cant find anything, so can somebody please explain.

many thanks

2. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +722
    I think LFC Fan is your man to tell you all about that mate, so over to you LFC...............................................

3. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    I would help you but at the moment i can't, the reason i can't is i havent played that side much yet. i started it but the slowdown on 60hz did my head in. so i've just been playing my mates with the stadium effects turned off which has helped with the slowdown. but i can't find that option for the master league games.

Any ideas gthom?

4. jelly

jelly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    hi is trhere a patch for the x box version to get all names and kits ta

5. buzlightyear

buzlightyear

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +116
    Ive been playing the xbox version and all seems good on the slow down front well ive not noticed any. The master League basically seems the same as the old Pro Evo's, Pick any team (im real madrid with Owen as sub :D ) it then puts you in League 2, there is a cup which you play the teams in the same league as you. win games earn money to pay wage bill and buy more players (like you need to with Real) Scoring is a mare on any level above ** mind.

6. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,730
    To be honest i've not really tried it either LFC Fan. I keep meaning to give it a good bash but I always end up tweeking my formations and giving the French a good kicking in an Exhibition game :thumbsup:

I've been in it briefly and it seems a lot more indepth than any of the previous versions but the slow down is a problem as you can't choose the stadium that you play in.

In exhibition games you can just stick Occhio del mar on and the game hardly slows down at all but in ML it's a different story.

To be honest i'm going to wait for the X-Box version until I give ML a proper bash.

Besides i'm in training for when I meet LFC Fan on Xbox Live - can't wait! :D

What international and club sides do you play LFC Fan?? I play England and Chelsea myself (I could go France & Arsenal or Real Madrid I guess but I like a challenge). I also used to play AC Milan a lot on PES 3 and became very deadly with Shevchenko!

7. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    club team - Liverpool :D
    international team - England or France. i just pick a team with a fast front man then its over for the team i play against. ;)
    Looks like everyone on here is gonna want to play each other so i best get some practice in eh?

8. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,730
    I must say that my England team is a mixture of current and classic players though - here's my line up. :thumbsup:

------------------------BANKS--------------------------------
    --------FERDINAND---MOORE----WRIGHT-------------------
    --------------ROBSON---------GERRARD---------------------
    ---BECKHAM----------------------------FINNEY--------------
    ----------------------CHARLTON------------------------------
    -------------SHEARER---------LINEKER----------------------

The observant amongst you will note the absence of Owen, however Shearer & Lineker are stronger & better in the air. Shearer also has great balance & can hold onto the ball for Charlton to slam one home! Owen is often brought on in the 2nd half if i'm unable to make the breakthrough. Scholes is also often brought on alongside Charlton in place of Robson (with 2 offensive midfielders instead of 2 defensive ones) if I need more attacking firepower! :thumbsup:

Probably won't be able to play that team on live though :( but I am leathal with it in that formation. :D

9. BOUMSONG

BOUMSONG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Im just onto this site but im a hardcore pes fan so i thought i would add my contribution!

Ive played master league quite a bit - ive also copied pes 4 to my hard drive and that has cut down on a lot of slowdown...

If i go a Scottish team i obviously go Rangers
    English = Chelsea
    Italian = Milan
    Spanish = Barca
    International = Holland

When i'll be on live though if its a game i really want to win then i will go Milan. Default in pes they have just Shevy up front but they have Rui Costs and Kaka just off them. Kaka is absolutely amazing in the game - its difficult to lose the ball when you have him! Shevy is a top player in pes (in my view hes the best striker in the world at the moment) but hes slow to turn for some reason. Doesn't have the greatest acceleration. I think when we connect onto live all the teams will be updated automatically - im not sure if thats good or not. Its good in the sense that all work is done for you but bad in the sense that i imagine option files by pesfan, scorio will be a lot better. Regardless of how good it is though, it possibly means that when you go Milan you will have Inzaghi and Shevy up front because thats what they have been doing recently!

10. Throttle

Throttle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +106
    If you want to play online you'd be better getting the xbox game as its online :clap:

11. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,730
    Any self respecting PES fan will have been playing WE8 since August, PES4 on the PS2 since release and will also play PES4 on the Xbox (for online play) once it hits the shops on 19th Nov! :thumbsup:

12. barrybarryr

barrybarryr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Or anyone with more money than sense!

13. BOUMSONG

BOUMSONG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    "Any self respecting PES fan will have been playing WE8 since August, PES4 on the PS2 since release and will also play PES4 on the Xbox (for online play) once it hits the shops on 19th Nov!"

AGREED! :thumbsup:

Are we allowed to talk about patches on here?

JB's new one is a cracker!

14. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,730
    yeah i'm sure patch talk is fine - Jonboyo's patches are superb - i've been meaning to download the new one so you've just remeinded me :thumbsup:

Not really - considering that I play this game almost every day and that the game lasts me until the next installment comes out a year later. Good value for money i'd say considering most games get a few days play at best. Plus if you but the PS2 game then you can always trade it for the XBox version when it comes out so it's hardly that expensive.

15. Munkey Boy

Munkey Boy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,313
    Can anyone say if there will be a patch for the Xbox version? And how would that work online?

16. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,730
    There may be a patch for it but I doubt that you will be able to play the patched version online. You'd therefore need to keep a patched version for same console play and just use the original when online.

You should be able to use an edited option file online though with the correct kit's & names on it.

17. Marc

Marc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,081
    i applied the jonboyo patch today :) nice having the correct team names and kits, shame theres only about 1 minute of each song he's added.

i'm rubbish at the game though, so i don't enjoy it very much, i can't seem to win more than 1 in 5 games on level 3 :(

18. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,730
    Yeah it's a tough game that takes a hell of a lot of practice to become good. I play it on 6 stars and win around 50% of the games I play against the top sides life France. It's worth sticking at though as because the the amazing depth of gameplay it's a game that's hard to tire of.