• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

PES2008 Memory Update

Rob_Meister

Established Member
Hello guys, I have just recieved my Pro Evo memory card today with the update files for official (looking) kits and real names etc. Purchased from here on ebay. It is a superb update and many of the big clubs look so much better.

However, the guy I purchased it from states the following....

Please also note the files being sent are not assigned any Gamer tag on your memory card;, however they are assigned to your gamer tag once memory card is plugged into the Xbox, and can not be duplicated. Attempting to copy your assigned files to another xbox will result in both your xbox and the destination machine being banned from Xbox live

Is this actualy possible as I was going to lend a mate the memory card so he could copy the files to is HDD also. Any help appreciated :thumbsup:

I think he is just trying to pull a fast one to prevent me sharing the files and him losing sales....

Lateralus

Established Member
i really dont think he is trying to pull a fast one.

i have heard that statement quite a few times on WENB.

if i were you, i REALLY wouldnt copy it.

Rob_Meister

Established Member
Ok then, thanks for the reply. I won't be doing that then.. Unless anybody else knows otherwise?

discuit

Established Member
How long did it take to do mate?

I have a memory card as I have 2 xboxes, but they have several gamertags on. How will it know which gamertag to assign it to

ricflairandy

Established Member
i cant see it being true myself, i mean its a memory card, is he trying to say that you cant put your memory card in any other xbox or it will be banned

Rob_Meister

Established Member
Discobuscuit: It didn't take long at all. All I did was send him a memory card with the pro evo game settings copied from my HDD he then copied over the files needed and I recieved the mem card back 2 days after sending it. The process of copying the files to the HDD then took 3 minutes using the copy feature in the system blade.

Ricflairandy: He isn't saying the mem card can't be used elsewhere, he is saying that you cant copy the files from the memory card onto somebody else HDD because the content is locked to my account and they will clash with one another if copied elsewhere... Not sure myself, hence this post.

ShadowMoses

Established Member
i cant see it being true myself, i mean its a memory card, is he trying to say that you cant put your memory card in any other xbox or it will be banned

It's true to a certain extent. It has to do with Gamerpoint glitching and gamesave sharing. Your console won't get banned from Live but will get blacklisted from gamesave sharing. It's a bit complicated. Search google, you should find more about this.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom