PES2 give them a license

othello

Standard Member
for gods sake would one of the football governing bodies give konami a license for real teams.i have played 2 games of this.first off i chose real madrid v inter i think?next i chose europort v lake district. now i`m sorry but my nephew who lives in aus knows these are no proper football teams,so shock horror when the team sheet had owen and di canio on them.yes it was liverpool v west ham.now i know i`d been playing timesplitters2,but since when has west ham moved up north?the game itself is o.k a bit better than pes but the thing is that actually had some proper teams in it.so this will be on it`s way back to game 2morrow.rant over:rolleyes:

talizker

othello - Know what your saying dude. I had a good old chuckle at the Club team names last night when I put PES2 in for the first time. I then played a game with Holland - It is very difficuly choosing formations/positions etc when everyone has the same name other than a number at the end;)

holtehero

Distinguished Member
If you go to the club edit, you can change the names to the correct ones.

When editing the name, there is a base option. What this means is that you choose the country the club comes from and listed under here are the proper club names.

When you win the Umbro cup the first time, it then unlocks the commentary to actuall pronounce the team name properly.

Though i do agree it's a pain :rolleyes:

I thought they had corrected the problem with the dutch squad in the retail release, obviously not

othello

Standard Member
well how lazy.so i`ve now got to change all the club teams and know every player in each team.anyone help with squad for holland?also barcelona have 3 oranges playing for them .lol.

talizker

From gamefaqs Forum:

Holland
Oranges025 - VanDerSar
Oranges021 - Stam
Oranges008 - F.DeBoer
Oranges062 - V.Bronckhorst
Oranges019 - Reiziger
Oranges005 - Davids
Oranges004 - Cocu
Oranges011 - Kluivert
Oranges038 - Van Nistelrooy
Oranges018 - Overmars
Oranges013 - Makaay
Oranges015 - Melchiot
Oranges066 - Numan
Oranges037 - VanBommel
Oranges051 - Bosvelt
Oranges020 - Seedorf
Oranges064 - R.DeBoer
Oranges010 - Hasselbaink
Oranges045 - Bouma
Oranges065 - VanHooijdonk
Oranges028 - Westerveld
Oranges106 - Moens

Other Dutch
Celtic =
Oranges108 - Bobby Petta

Rangers =
Oranges067 - Ricksen
Oranges063 - Konterman
Oranges112 - Mols

Chelsea =
Oranges031 - Zenden
Oranges003 - Bogarde
Oranges007 - De Goey

Aston Villa =
Oranges107 - Boateng

Newcastle=
Oranges049 - Karelse

Ajax =
Oranges009 - Grim
Oranges026 - Van Der Vaart
Oranges113 - Van Halst
Oranges024 - Van Der Meyde
Oranges027 - Vierklau
Oranges006 - de Cler
Oranges023 - ???
Oranges012 - Van Der Gun
Oranges032 - Hose
Oranges105 - Stekelenburg
Oranges114 - Heitinga

Feyenoord =
Oranges077 - Zoetebier
Oranges056 - Paauwe
Oranges061 - Van Wonderen
Oranges059 - Van Gobbel
Oranges103 - Van Haaren
Oranges053 - De Visser
Oranges072 - Graafland
Oranges110 - L'Ami
Oranges071 - Timmer
Oranges115 - Sprockel
Oranges116 - Loovens
Oranges117 - Van Persie

Hamburg =
Oranges014 - Erik Meijer
Oranges111 - Nico Jan Hoogma

talizker

This may help also:

CELT = CELTIC
CONNACHT = RANGERS
ARAGON = MANCHESTER UTD
LONDON = ARSENAL
LIGURIA = CHELSEA
EUROPORT = LIVERPOOL
YORKSHIRE = LEEDS UTD
LAKE DISTRICT = WEST HAM UTD
HIGHLANDS = NEWCASTLE UTD
DUBLIN = ASTON VILLA
CATALUNA = BARCELONA
NAVARRA = REAL MADRID
ANDALUCIA = VALENCIA
CANTABRIA = DEPORTIVO LA CORUNA
PROVENCE = MONACO
LANGUEDOC = MARSEILLE
NORMANDIE = PARIS
MEDOC = BORDEAUX
RIJNKANA = AJAX
NOORDZEE = FEYENOORD
FLANDRE = PSV
MARCHE = INTER
PIEMONTE = JUVENTUS
LOMBARDIA = MILAN
UMBRIA = LAZIO
EMILIA = PARMA
TOSCANA = FIORENTINA
ABRUZZI = AS ROMA
WEST FALEN = DORTMUND
ANHALT = BAYEN MUNICH
RUHR = LEVERKUSEN
RHEINLAND = HSV
PELOPONN = OLYMPIAKOS
BYZANTIN = GALATASARAY
MARAMARA = DYNAMO KIEV
VALDAI = SPARTEK MOSCOW
SELVAS = VASCO
MATO GRO = Palmerias
PAMPAS = RIVER PLATE
PATAGONIA = BOCA

othello

Standard Member
thanks m8 your a star..this game was on its way back to the shops if i couldnt change all the names.cheers;)

tony kop77

I brought this game yesterday afternoon and i have changed all the club names and players names by useing championship manager.
Changeing the names makes the game a lot better i love the new edition just needs better commentry and be able to edit the stadiums

cerouax

It's really a pain anyway, just spent ages sorting the club names after winning the Umbro-Konami cup. There are a few notable exceptions to the commentry names...
What is the score (sorry) with this anyway? Are Konami unable to get the full licence at all, or is it a financial thing? It seems such a shame that such an amazingly realistic footie sim suffers from a lack of important content.

cerouax

It's really a pain anyway, just spent ages sorting the club names after winning the Umbro-Konami cup. There are a few notable exceptions to the commentry names...
What is the score (sorry) with this anyway? Are Konami unable to get the full licence at all, or is it a financial thing? It seems such a shame that such an amazingly realistic footie sim suffers from a lack of important content.

exc!aim

Standard Member
I've got the japanese version of Pro Evo 2 (Winning Eleven 6) released a few months back and that had most of the correct player names and club names - the dutch team were all properly named! so I find it bizarre what has happened. WE6 had the FifaPro license which allowed konami to use real player names so I assumed PES2 would too.

Don't get me wrong PES2 is a very good game however I'm a bit disappointed with some of the lack of attention to detail. They've got new commentators but the commentary is still poor. I'll probably get Winning Eleven 6 Final Evolution when it comes out next month which is probably gonna be called Pro Evo 3 or something when/if it comes out here.

Lex

HMV do an add on which gives all the players/teams their official names.

sr78

Standard Member
The Dutch names are left out in PES2 because the KNVB (the Dutch FA) wouldn't allow the use of Dutch names. This goes for both the current players as well as all the classic players.

However, since other names are still mangled as wel (Ravoldi), that doesn't explain for me why Konami didn't do the same thing for the Dutch guys, as it did in ISS Pro Evolution 1 for the PSX.

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom