PES 6 at Leipzig...

Nemesis X2

Distinguished Member
Anyone know when this show is on, as i can't wait to see the PES6 footage on 360 which is to be revealed? Not to mention what Seabass has to say about the version as he's going specially to talk about it....

Can't wait for this game! If done right it will render all other games useless as it will dominate the disk drive for months after release.:smashin:

yinujim

Wheres this in germany?

Downinja

Will be keeping a huge eye out for this, pretty much only reason I am going to buy a 360, well that and halo 3.

Nemesis X2

Distinguished Member
MonkeyKnuckle86 said:
the show starts at the end of August. Around 27th i think.

Damn, that's a long time to wait!!

Will have to pass the time with GRAW, Moto GP, Oblivion, COD2, PGR3, and soon to be Galaga and SF2.... Bugger!!;)

RockSteddie

Pooon said:
Is SF2 this wednesday?

I beleive that Galaga is being released this Wednesday with SF2 being released on August 2nd :)

runam0k

Pro Evo will be another system selling game in October. Can't wait and very much looking forward to any AVF tournies :)

Nemesis X2

Distinguished Member
Ominoukg said:
I beleive that Galaga is being released this Wednesday with SF2 being released on August 2nd :)

Yeah that's it. Both should be good!:thumbsup:

sarll

I cannot wait for pro evo6 either. Personally i'd just take a graphics overhaul and a decent lobby system. Oh, and a suitable punishment for the cowardly quitters!

Nemesis X2

Distinguished Member
sarll said:
I cannot wait for pro evo6 either. Personally i'd just take a graphics overhaul and a decent lobby system. Oh, and a suitable punishment for the cowardly quitters!

I'd second that.

Had 4 and 5 on the PC and played a fair bit of PES5 online. At least quitters were punished with a 3-0 loss, but it was still annoying. But lag cheaters were worse as they would not be penalised. I hope this side of things is sorted...

Some mini multi team online tournament options would be good also...

bishman

dgibbs said:
I'd second that.

Had 4 and 5 on the PC and played a fair bit of PES5 online. At least quitters were punished with a 3-0 loss, but it was still annoying. But lag cheaters were worse as they would not be penalised. I hope this side of things is sorted...
Yeah they got a 3-0 loss but that wasn't the problem. They only lose 50 points if they quit rather than a hell of a lot more if they carry on. A quit should lose the same points as a proper loss. Even a disconnection should result in the same loss as there's no way of knowing if it disconnected accidently or on purpose.

And if they don't fix the potential for lag cheating, then I'll be mightily upset and there's no way I'll be buying the game.

Munkey Boy

Distinguished Member
bishman said:
Yeah they got a 3-0 loss but that wasn't the problem. They only lose 50 points if they quit rather than a hell of a lot more if they carry on. A quit should lose the same points as a proper loss. Even a disconnection should result in the same loss as there's no way of knowing if it disconnected accidently or on purpose.
Yeah, completely agree. With the new Trueskill ranking system, the odd disconnection wouldn't matter to your score anyway apparently as anomolous results don't dent your rank like other scoring systems. But regular disconnectors would rank poorly.

bishman said:
And if they don't fix the potential for lag cheating, then I'll be mightily upset and there's no way I'll be buying the game.
I'm not hopeful on this score, it seems technically difficult and Konami have never acknowledged it as a real problem unfortunately. I really really hope they can sort it though.

Plus GIVE US TOURNAMENTS!

silvercue

Distinguished Member
bishman said:
I think that the basics of their system was great - a half with each hosting. As long as both players have good UPLOAD as well as downlaod it worked great, especially using the training ground (talking PC here). The problem was that some people abuse this. However, I either played friends or in leagues and as a result I barely ever had any encounter of the lag cheating.

I guess the alternative is to use dedicated servers and neither player hosts.

Downinja

See I am praying they are going to do that for 360.

For me sony not having a centralised gaming service is to blame.

Konami basically ports pro from ps2, to xbox, by doing that there is no network support for a centralised service.

With the 360 and pes6 I don't they will be able to do the same thing, although probably still not centralised.

If you take the online gaming experience of a game like halo 2 and compare it to pes5, it's caveman like.

Nemesis X2

Distinguished Member
daniel_owen_uk said:
See I am praying they are going to do that for 360.

For me sony not having a centralised gaming service is to blame.

Konami basically ports pro from ps2, to xbox, by doing that there is no network support for a centralised service.

With the 360 and pes6 I don't they will be able to do the same thing, although probably still not centralised.

If you take the online gaming experience of a game like halo 2 and compare it to pes5, it's caveman like.

Well Konami have made a big thing of stating they have had a team working on the 360 version for quite some time, so hopefully they will fully utilise the potential of the machine, not only graphically, but also making the most of the brilliant Xbox Live interface.... :lease:

This one certainly isn't going to be a lazy port of the PS2 version.

sarll

Agreed, and hopefully they'll do the 360 justice. The live interface is pretty darn good, lets just hope Konami exploit it.

Just imagine a few gimmicky things as well like a "Goal of the Month", or something similar to PGR3's Gotham TV!

On a side note i've played around 500 live games on Pro Evo5 (currently got about 2300 points but that won't last) and I am yet to experience lag cheaters....at least I think. The only time i've experienced lag is when i've chosen an opponent with less than the 3 green bars. Maybe i'm lucky.

Another thing I hate is when you search for an opti match and the opponent doesn't want to play you. Rather than just click on someone else you have to start the search again - very annoying! Surely just being able to go back to the seach results is easy enough!

M

mrgrill

sarll said:
Another thing I hate is when you search for an opti match and the opponent doesn't want to play you. Rather than just click on someone else you have to start the search again - very annoying! Surely just being able to go back to the seach results is easy enough!

Totally agree - :mad: :mad: :mad:

That frustrates the hell out of me. For every one 10 minute game I play, I think I spend about 30 minutes trying to get a game against someone. Generally the PES5 live system is pants. Just goes to show how good a game it is that many of us users sit and wait to play an online game of it.

I really do hope the boys and girls at konami nail the live aspect this time. Other games and developers can do it. This will be there third stab at an xbox live enabled PES, so hopefully it's third time lucky :lease:

EDIT: Oh and hopefully, with the game being released in October/November, when the seasons have started across europe, they do actually have up to date team and squad lineups. That annoys me to. And also, they could use XBLM to include periodic updates to teams. I'd gladly take an update after the January transfer window for about 200-400 points?

VILLAn66

Is anyone a little disappointed with the lack of info, screenshots, trailers etc on PES6? Considering the game is supposed to be out in the next 2-3 months there is precious little info being provided.

I would have thought that Konami would be wetting peoples appetites a little more than they are. It makes me wonder if the game is going to be ready for the usual October release.

I think the PS2 version will be available but I have a feeling the 360 version may be delayed.

Cowden_harley

It is playable at leipzig, so it will be ready. Konami tracitionally dont release much info in the lead up to their games. The only reason we usually get vids etc is because there is a japanese release of the game months previous to our release date. This however, not being the case this time I dont expect much info up until leipzig or much after unil release date.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom